Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to render interior with camera outside walls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to render interior with camera outside walls?

I'd like to pull the camera back from a room far enough that it is actually outside the walls of the room. But I want the camera to see inside the room. I can't hide the walls because they are a part of the GI and shadows and reflections. Normally I would set the blocking objects properties - turn off "visible to camera" and that would solve it. But when rendering with IRR/LC in VRay, I still see dark noise on these objects. I tried saving an IRR map and LC map while inside the room, then use these for the camera that is outside the room. But this still didn't solve it. Can anyone offer a tip on how I might proceed?

thanks

Jim

//Sorry if this has been answered before, didn't know what to search on...
    ---------
    Jim Lammers
    Trinity Animation, Inc.
    www.trinity3d.com

max camera camera-clipping...

Comment

or make the wall between the outside and inside "invisible to camera" in the max properties
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

yes, I did try that and I mentioned it in my original post. It does not work. There are wierd shadow-dots around the non-rendering geometry. Then I tried changing the "receives shadows" and making sure I had a saved LC and IRR map from inside the room before rendering from outside the room but these artifacts are still there. So I don't think this approach will work.

Originally posted by jacksc02
        or make the wall between the outside and inside "invisible to camera" in the max properties
        ---------
        Jim Lammers
        Trinity Animation, Inc.
        www.trinity3d.com

Comment

could you post up an image of what the issue is?
          Chris Jackson
          Shiftmedia
          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Working...
          X