disappearing geometry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disappearing geometry

tried a lot of different render settings but these wires holding the lamps always get nullified by the renderer. What's the obvious thing I'm missing?

Can't see image.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

how about now?

Comment

OK now. What image sampler are you using? Try adaptive QMC over adaptive subdivision as I've had similar trouble with lost details.
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Yup - probably not subtle enough anti aliasing is loosing the really fine detail - adaptive subdivision is the higher quality one so it should pick up more fine detail - try turning on object outlines too.

Comment

I used adaptive subdivision

Changed to adaptive QMC and presto it works as advertised.

thanks

Object outlines?

Comment

in general antialiasing has hard times with very thin and straight vertical or horizonal lights. Since there is not enough samples to be taken, the near samples of white in this case wall, dominate the black lines. So usually increasing aa or decreasing the threshold will fix this.
              Dmitry Vinnik
              Silhouette Images Inc.
              ShowReel:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
              https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Originally posted by Brixvold3d
                I used adaptive subdivision

Changed to adaptive QMC and presto it works as advertised.

thanks

Object outlines?
                There's a threshold option with the adaptvie subdivision anti aliaser to take more samples on the outline of objects which might have helped - problem solved either way

Comment

Working...
                X