Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior animation Flickering

Hi

I have had this problem already but haven't been able to resolve it.

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=18835

There is obviously something wrong with my setup so, is there anywhere that I can find standard animation settings for an interior camera pan with 1.5 R3 so that I can run a few tests to see if the tile joints and glossies keep flickering?

thanks

N
    www.morphic.tv
    www.niallcochrane.co.uk

there are 2 types of flickering...flickering GI which is caused by not saving and reloading a cache (i.e., rendering in single frame mode) and flickering caused by antialiasing.

your scene is flickering because of the antialiasing. better image sampling helps but can only do so much...you really need to be using a video filter on animations...there's just no way getting around it. if you want a sharper animation without the flickering, the only way you're going to be able to do it is rendering at a higher resolution and converting down. you can see an example of this and a more detailed explanation at the following link http://3dats.com/tutorials.asp (click week 6)
    Brian Smith
    www.3dats.com
    3D Architectural Training Solutions

Comment

Hi Brian

thanks for your response.

I completely understand the suggestion to render larger and scale down but, render times !

We rendered a series of animations with 1.49 and the results were perfect - no flickering or blemishes at all so, I am a bit confused why 1.5 is more difficult to tie down.

Anyway, I will give it a try and post my findings.

N
      www.morphic.tv
      www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

you rendered the same video without such a soft AA filter? can you post the animation. i'd love to see that same video without the flickering.
        Brian Smith
        www.3dats.com

Comment

I have tried it with the Area filter, it does help but not a solution.
          www.morphic.tv
          www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

the area filter is still quite sharp for an animation. 95% of my animations are rendered with the video filter.

can you load the animation you're refering to...no flickering but sharp filter?
            Brian Smith
            www.3dats.com

Comment

I dont suppose you have unticked time indepoendant in the rQMC rollout. THat would make any noisy parts flicker

Comment

i would try 0,2 if you use adptive sub.
                i usually go with adap qmc - 2,6 - mitchel natravely for animations.
                try it and tell me if it solved your problem
                http://www.3dvision.co.il

Comment

Working...
                X