DR clients not starting on render after IRR pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR clients not starting on render after IRR pass

So this is a new one, seems to be somewhat consistent. If I run a render LC + IRR + render - i get very few or none of the DR clients to come back after the IRR pass. Seems to be worse on larger (file size) models.

So have to stop, save, run from file, and restart the render.

This either started around the time we switched to Max 9 SP2, or did the last MS server autoupdate, so it could just be a network thing.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    www.studio2a.co

I seem to be getting something similar to this now. But my scene is under 50mb and the log says it transferred the file and starts the scene. However, I'm using the multiframe incremental. The DR clients render the first IRR, but after that, it only shows the local machine running.
    The log file says that 'Server x.x.x.x: Starting frame 40', but no buckets show up. If I cancel the IR calc and start again, all the clients show up again. It's like I have to do that for each incremental. Network traffic isn't an issue either, b/c with prior versions I had no problems with DR clients just dropping off (even though it says they're rendering the frame) with previous versions. And as recently as today, it continues to happen, even when these 4 computers are the only computers sending any kind of network traffic.

Please help....

Thanks!
    -Chippy

Comment

Working...
    X