VRayEdgesTex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayEdgesTex

I'm experiencing strange behaviours with that, probably I'm doing something wrong

I'm using edges map as a mask between Vraydirt and Vraycolor, this map is then used as source for a light material; the final effect should a be and AO pass with a wire frame on top. I would like to use it as a fast test material during modeling. I was pretty happy with the results untill Viz started to crash frequently. Trying to isolate the problem, at first I was thinking about corrupted geometry, double checked everything, founded some errors then fixed; Viz still crashes! then I tried to render with AO pass only (without the wire) and it seems to solve it.

anyone does have any info about that? any known workaround to create a material like the one above?

edit 1: maybe I found something...
    Reducing the bucket size seems solve this issue. I realized that when the bucket comes to a particular area of the image, it always stops starting to allocate a large amount of ram (2.2 gb or more) than Viz exits; setting the bucket size to its default let it go beyond the critical area and complete the image.
    It remains for me a bit unclear why a dual quad xp64 with 4gb is not able to go beyond that memory limit, maybe it's because I'm still running Viz 2008 (x32) instead of Max (x64)
    Last edited by zeronove; 12-04-2008, 10:16 AM.
    Alessandro
Working...
X