Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't see vray render elements in after effects.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't see vray render elements in after effects.

Not too sure where to post this so i'm placing it in various forums, I'm working with 3Ds Max 2011, Vray 1.5 sp5 and After Effects CS4.

I want to save a render with various render elements such as zdepth, material and object ID etc all saved into a single .exr file so i can bring animations into After Effects and do DOF changes and colour changes quickly. The problem is that if i render the image and do a manual save as an exr it won't show any of the vray render elements when i bring it into AE.

If i set it to auto save as a Vray raw image but change the extension from vrimg to exr then it saves all the render elements but I lose the 'save as exr' dialogue box where i can chose bit depth and compression type.

If I render the image and save manually as an exr then i have all that but it won't save vray render elements, after using extractor the screen is just black.

In short i just want to be able to 'save as' an .exr and be able to see my render elements in the render, i've posted some screen caps below to show everything is as should be, any help is appreciated.

All elements present in render window

All elements active and selected in .exr save window.

After effects recognises the channels on import

Extractor recognises the channels

But the screen is black afer using extractor, the layer is in there as can be seen when it's moved out of position

Working...
X