DR with backburner--inconsistent buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR with backburner--inconsistent buckets

I am stumped on this one--I've searched many many times for a thread that might point me in the right direction, but haven't found it.

I am trying to render a hi-res image by sending the job to a single slave with backburner, while still using DR so 3 other slaves can pick it up too. This has worked fine for me in other cases, but its starting to fail somehow on certain camera views. What's really odd to me is that the same scene renders flawlessly in another camera view using this same method. I consistently can switch to my second camera and get this problem.

Here are my specs:
    Computer A: workstation
    Computers B, C, D, E--render slaves.
    (all running windows 7 64 bit, vray 2.10.01)

Attempt 1: Running BB manager on Computer A, running BB server on Computer E, using Computers B,C,D as DR slaves.
    When I render Camera 1 with the method above, no problems.
    When I render Camera 2 with the method above, Computer E (running BB server) seems to render it correctly while the DR slaves render everything darker. All of the machines are finding the maps, but Computers B,C,D are rendering them MUCH darker.

Attempt 2: render locally on Computer A, using Computers B,C,D,E as slaves--no problems.

The scene in question uses standard max lights, vray lights and Vray IES lights--which have all been made unique (un-instanced) based on this thread, with no change. (http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...errerid=145304)
    The scene is set to use IM + LC, single frame.
    The fact that it works sometimes (and consistently finds maps properly) leads me to believe its not the typical network problems.
    I have been toying around with SolidRocks--could this be some gamma funkiness?
    Any ideas on how I might be able to further troubleshoot this? I'd like to be able to send DR rendered images to backburner to free up my workstation.
    Attached Files
Working...
X