RT crashes on gtx 570, did not on quadro fx 3700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT crashes on gtx 570, did not on quadro fx 3700

I recently updated my video card from a quadro fx 3700 to a GTX 570 to get faster RT performance. RT worked quite solidly on the quadro but was very slow since it was an older card. After updating to a GTX 570 the same scenes crash all the time. I've tried many different geforce drivers and settled on the 290.36 beta since the others I tested wouldn't even load the scene. The crash seems to be related to certain high-res maps, when I do a material overide with a material with a low-res map (1200 x 800) RT can handle it, but some of the materials have 3000 x 3000 png maps and if I use those in the scene it crashes. Other maps may crash it too, but I tested those one's and they definitely cause a crash. I have the GPU map size in RT set to 512, but I also tested 128 and still crashes. I thought the GPU map setting would resample maps down to that resolution so they could fit into vRAM on the card, but maybe I don't understand the setting. Is there some way to get around this? Is there another geforce driver that would be more stable or not have this problem?

Here is what the server log says when it crashes:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	01 RT log file.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	873846
    Last edited by Rob Burns; 21-01-2012, 03:01 AM.
Working...
X