Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Distributed rendering: only able to render on the host OR the slave at the same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed rendering: only able to render on the host OR the slave at the same time

Hello everyone,
    I managed to set up a render slave with distributed rendering, but I am only able to render on one computer at a time. If I check the box "use local host", only the local host will render, if I uncheck it, only the slave will render.

As far as i understand, the typical vray for 3ds max (3.3) license should allow for one workstation + one render node, so what could be the problem?

I would appreciate any help, thank you

How many render node licenses do you have? Each machine that participates in the rendering requires a render node license so in your case you will need at least 2 render node licenses in order to render with both machines simultaneously.
    Last edited by svetlozar.draganov; 02-02-2016, 08:15 AM.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Ok so that's what i misunderstood. Thanks for clarifying

Comment

hi. i'm having the same problem. our Vray licence server information (http://localhost:30304/getstatus) says that we have 1 interface licence which is engaged but we have 1 render licence which is not engaged (free). i can only render with one of either the host or the slave but never with both at the same time. we're using vray 3.30.03. any help would be very much appreciated. thanks.

doh! okay, so i've just read the following:

The rendering can be performed either on the same machine where the GUI license is used, or on another machine in the network.
        In order to use additional computers for rendering though, you have to purchase additional V-Ray 3.0 Render nodes.

did vray not originally allow us use an unlimited number of render nodes at the same time? i remember rendering to a number of slaves when we first purchased vray.
        Last edited by Three D; 11-02-2016, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Three D View Post
          hi. i'm having the same problem. our Vray licence server information (http://localhost:30304/getstatus) says that we have 1 interface licence which is engaged but we have 1 render licence which is not engaged (free). i can only render with one of either the host or the slave but never with both at the same time. we're using vray 3.30.03. any help would be very much appreciated. thanks.

doh! okay, so i've just read the following:

The rendering can be performed either on the same machine where the GUI license is used, or on another machine in the network.
          In order to use additional computers for rendering though, you have to purchase additional V-Ray 3.0 Render nodes.

did vray not originally allow us use an unlimited number of render nodes at the same time? i remember rendering to a number of slaves when we first purchased vray.
          The licensing policy was changed with V-Ray 3.x release and now there is an universal render node license that could be used for rendering. For each machine participating in the rendering - DR or network renderer; a separate Render node license is required
          Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

that is very dissappointing. 1 additional render node would not have been an unreasonable ask considering what was allowed prior to the licence change.
            so i can revert back to version 2.50 and use unlimited render nodes, which wouldn't be ideal i suppose.
            or switch to corona renderer which seems to be more competitively and more fairly priced.

Comment

that we have 1 interface licence which is engaged but we have 1 render licence which is not engaged (free).
              My interface license came with 3 render node licenses, isen't that the standart?
              Or was that some kind of discound for purchasing it before the 3.0 was released?
              Last edited by Ihno; 15-02-2016, 05:29 AM.
              German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Originally posted by Ihno View Post
                My interface license came with 3 render node licenses, isen't that the standart?
                Or was that some kind of discound for purchasing it before the 3.0 was released?
                It's because of your purchase right before the 3.x release.

that is very dissappointing. 1 additional render node would not have been an unreasonable ask considering what was allowed prior to the licence change.
                so i can revert back to version 2.50 and use unlimited render nodes, which wouldn't be ideal i suppose.
                or switch to corona renderer which seems to be more competitively and more fairly priced.
                Yes, that's true you can use unlimited render nodes with 2.x builds and old licensing policy, but I would definitely suggest you to contact our sales team sales@chaosgroup.com just to get more information and available options for you to upgrade to V-Ray 3 where we have done a lot of improvements and render speed optimizations.

Comment

We are using Vray 3.30.03.

Comment

We are using Vray 3.30.03.
                    I'm not able to understand what do you mean by that sentence even though I've read the entire communications a few times.
                    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

in your last post you suggested that i contact the vray sales team to find out about upgrading to vray 3 - and i said we are using vray 3.30.03.
                      to be fair this is partly the reason why we use vray, the support is very good. you guys take the time to answer every query which is great customer service. i'm still a bit sad though...............

......but I would definitely suggest you to contact our sales team sales@chaosgroup.com just to get more information and available options for you to upgrade to V-Ray 3 where we have done a lot of improvements and render speed optimizations........

Comment

in your last post you suggested that i contact the vray sales team to find out about upgrading to vray 3 - and i said we are using vray 3.30.03.
                        to be fair this is partly the reason why we use vray, the support is very good. you guys take the time to answer every query which is great customer service. i'm still a bit sad though...............

......but I would definitely suggest you to contact our sales team sales@chaosgroup.com just to get more information and available options for you to upgrade to V-Ray 3 where we have done a lot of improvements and render speed optimizations........
                        Thank you for your kind words about our support service.
                        I haven't noticed that you have already upgraded to V-Ray 3, however, you still have the ability to extend your license with additional render node licenses if you need or discuss the best options for you and your workflow with our sales department.

Comment

Working...
                        X