No announcement yet.

render time with pre-calc GI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vlado, I hate to be a pest, but when a computational problem seems illogical, there has to be a good explanation. Could you shed some light on this?

Comment

i`ve had a similar thing when using gi calculated from a different vray version. recalculating the prepass seemed to work better ? although i`m still using 3.4 so..

Comment

ping!

[sorry. this is ten characters]

Comment

Same issue here, I'm finding I can render a single frame including the GI in about 25 mins but it's taking 55 mins with precalc'd GI. I have been testing over the last few days with the new recommended preferred method mentioned here:
          https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...tion-rendering. but find render times spiralling out of control and too much flickering aa in the small details.
          Greg

Comment

I can't find a report about that into our system so if anyone has the opportunity to send us a production scene (not a test one) that replicates the issue it would be great.
            I know that the following is already mentioned but I would like to inform you that the preferable GI approach in the latest version of V-Ray is Brutte Force + Ling Cache, except more accurate and reliable in many cases it could be also faster than Irradiance Map + Light Cache.
            Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
            Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
            X