Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-Ray 3.6: IPR not refreshed when switching from perspective to Camera with Mblur enabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 3.6: IPR not refreshed when switching from perspective to Camera with Mblur enabled

Hi,

another one I found. When working in perspective view and switching into camera view through a camera, which has motion blur enabled, such as VrayCamera or PhysicalCamera, IPR does not refresh state of motion blur. Refresh button does not help and entire IPR session has to be restarted.

Thanks.

I don't know if we should implement this. V-Ray will need to restart the entire rendering anyways, and if you just want to flip through different camera views it may be more of a hindrance than help.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

From my point of view, if I needed to quickly flip through camera views, it would be easier for me to temporarily uncheck motion blur checkbox on camera. It's still easier than having to manually restart IPR. In general, I personally would put reliable IPR updates at the front of the priority list, even at the cost of some updates triggering complete scene re-parse

Comment

I was thinking about this quite a while, and I came to the same conclusion as Vlado. Reason is that on heavy scenes the scene reparse will take a lot of time. When switching to a cam with MoBlur, yes I won't get the blur, but at least I can continue working on lighting or materials. Sure, not everyone here is working on heavy scenes, but on our side here this is the case most of the time.
        https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Working...
        X