GeomMeshFile in vrscene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeomMeshFile in vrscene

Hi, Im trying to create a vrscene file that will load external almebic file using the GeomMeshFile
    On the doucmentation site it says that it takes these two parameters, Im not sure what to put on the second parameter?
    • file - Path to the vrmesh or abc file to load.
    • object_path - When using Alembic, the starting object path string.
    So I have made a GeomMeshFile object with only the first parameter containng the path to the file, but when I do he render the model is wrong, looks like its scaled in height.

Hello,

The file parameter is the only really necessary one
    Do you add any other parameters to the GeomMeshFile plugin like "scale" or "flip_axis" ? Also - where does your mesh file come from ?

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
      Hello,

The file parameter is the only really necessary one
      Do you add any other parameters to the GeomMeshFile plugin like "scale" or "flip_axis" ? Also - where does your mesh file come from ?

Best regards,
      Yavor
      No, I dont add anything, the mesh file is a simple cube that I'have exported from 3ds Max.
      I have exported a vrscene from Max, and then exported a cube from the scene in alembic format, after this I edited the node in the vrscene to use GeomMeshFile instead of GeomStaticMesh.
      It seems like the pivot/origin point of the cube is off

Comment

Did you use the Max alembic export ? Trying it out - it seems it bakes the transformation of the object to the alembic. If you create a VRayProxy in Max with the exported alembic you'll see it is away from it's pivot point.
        Yavor Rubenov
        V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Working...
        X