Vray Framebuffer improved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow,

This looks really good, i have no ideas yet. bet if one comes i will certainly post it here.

I hope we will see this in the new build.

Erik
    A full render queu is a thing of beauty !

Comment

whoa

I got all exited seeing the images, was wishing that at the end was the download for this. Some very good ideas there. I really liked the output to photoshop idea.

Comment

wow this is a record i believe. someone resurecting a 3 year old post.

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

nevertheless it s great t have this thread rescued from the death!
          Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
          nuno@ene-digital.com
          00351 917593145

Comment

fryrender has an iso slider that you can fuss with. Would like to see vray have something similiar.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Well, there is the Exposure slider in the VFB controls...

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

speaking of that - Vlado, is there a possibility to maybe label those sliders or splilt the corrections control window into labeled sections? Because now it's kind of hard to use and too much looks like a 'beta' to me
                the purpose of a ninja is to flip out and kill people.
                the purpose of an architect is to flip out and design for people.

Comment

Wow, I was reading through this salivating over some of these features... then wham, total surprise how old it all is!

I think the render history idea is very interesting. Being able to easily compare previous renders in the vfb would be fantastic.

Maybe some of these things will see the light of day in vray2?
                  Patrick Macdonald
                  Lighting TD : http://reformstudios.com Developer of "Mission Control", the spreadsheet editor for 3ds Max http://reformstudios.com/mission-control-for-3ds-max/

Comment

Maybe they will...

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

ahah! Vlado's fastest every reply to a post of mine!

Methinks Vlado is excited about things
                      Patrick Macdonald
                      Lighting TD : http://reformstudios.com Developer of "Mission Control", the spreadsheet editor for 3ds Max http://reformstudios.com/mission-control-for-3ds-max/

Comment

Re:Form, history is actually available in 1.5:

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by instinct
                        It's there just not activated by default. Create an environemt variable (for windows, not max or vray) with the name VRAY_VFB_HISTORY and set the value to 1...then you get an additional icon in the VFB on the bottom

Regards,
                        Thorsten

I've been using this feature and it is really handy.

Comment

Why isn't that option activated by default ? Does it eat way too much ram ?

mekene

Comment

huh!?!? omfg!

How come this feature has been such a well kept secret?

Thanks for pointing that out!
                            Patrick Macdonald

Comment

Originally posted by theedge View Post
                              Why isn't that option activated by default ? Does it eat way too much ram ?
                              doesn't really use much ram as far as i can tell, just some hard drive space to save the .vrimg files.

I have no idea why it isn't available by default - i wouldn't like to guess, but it is there, and it does work in my experience. maybe it was something that is still being fully tested? Really not sure, i supposed on vlado can comment....

Comment

Originally posted by instinct

It's there just not activated by default. Create an environemt variable (for windows, not max or vray) with the name VRAY_VFB_HISTORY and set the value to 1...then you get an additional icon in the VFB on the bottom

Regards,
                                Thorsten
                                Whoa... Directly rendered caustics, VFB history, what else is hidden by toggle variables? Well, I suppose it's sooo much more fun this way. Brings back old memories of cpu tuning with a graphite pencil.

best regards,

A.
                                credit for avatar goes here

Comment

Working...
                                X