Batch proxy creation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch proxy creation

Hello, I'm quite new to Blender and its API, and even newer to V-Ray, so the trick is maybe obvious but i can't find any solution...
    Here's my problem :
    I'd want to write an addon which creates a proxy for each .blend of a folder.
    It works very well processing the .blends 1 by 1 in the GUI :
    1 - open a blend in an empty scene
    2 - right-click on the mesh to select it
    3 - set the render engine to V-Ray
    4 - clic on the mesh tab to set the 'active data to display and edit: Data'
    5 - in the tool tab : set 'proxy_attach_mode' to 'This Object'
    6 - clic on "Create proxy"

The script i've written is very strange, as it works if i execute the commands step by step in the console, whereas
    it returns an error when i execute it as an addon.
    Here's the error :

Code:
    	Traceback (most recent call last):
    	  File "C:\Users\GPMP018_\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.72\scripts\addons\GP_batch_proxy_creation.py", line 84, in execute
    		bpy.ops.vray.create_proxy()
    	  File "C:\Program Files\Blender 2.72 (With V-Ray Additions)\2.72\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 188, in __call__
    		ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
    	RuntimeError: Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
    	  File "C:\Program Files\Blender 2.72 (With V-Ray Additions)\2.72\scripts\addons\vb30\proxy.py", line 322, in execute
    		ob        = bpy.context.object
    	AttributeError: 'Context' object has no attribute 'object'

location: C:\Program Files\Blender 2.72 (With V-Ray Additions)\2.72\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py:188

I suppose the command "bpy.ops.vray.create_proxy()" can't find the data it needs in the context, but i don't know how to fix it.
    As far as i know, the only thing i haven't set exactly as in the GUI process is to clic on the mesh tab to set the 'active data to display and edit: Data'...

My script
Working...
X