Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xgen Custom Archive render workflow

Hi Chaos-Group-Forum-Members!

I would like to render a scene with a lot of xgen - custom archives (829k, three different archives with an average of 10 k faces). To shade the leaf color I sample the ground color through a custom shader parameter connected to a file node like it is explained in the doc.

The problem I struggle with is: Creating a .vrscene for the renderfarm is about 600 mb per frame. So all render nodes have to get the data, compile the geometry and then render.
    At the moment the whole proccess takes for loading the .vrscene and compiling the geometry about 20 - 360 minutes(heavily depends on the render node) and pure rendering takes about 5-10 minutes.
    My question is how do I optimize the filesize of the .vrscene.
    It seems like the cached xgen .vrscene stores 600 mb of nodes-transform.

Things I have tried:

-) Load the xgen-cached .vrscene into maya with the v-ray scene manager => Fatal Error and crash

-) I changed the custom archives expression from *.abc to *.vrmesh so xgen should load the .vrmesh. I tried this because I thought it would reduce file size....

-) Create a single .vrscene file to bake the xgen geometry nodes and the camera animation. But instead of having a file size of 600 mb for the xgen archives + camera animation (which should be just 120 transform nodes) it grows to a file size of a few GB.

Did anybody run into the same problem?

Thanks in advance

Pirmin
    Last edited by vfx_film_televsion; 24-11-2016, 06:42 AM.
Working...
X