Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray 6 cpu so fast to Start light cache...vray 6 gpu takes too much time to Start light cache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 6 cpu so fast to Start light cache...vray 6 gpu takes too much time to Start light cache

Hi Konstantin

Im doing some tests with vray 6 cpu.

It looks really nice the render, it start so fast the light cache in 10 seconds, while vray gpu is like 1.30 minutes both for heavy scene.

Why the diffrence is so notorius??

vray cpu is not that fast because my hardware is really slow i7 8700k is not that fast for heavy scenes.

But i can imagine how great could look the renders if i have a much better cpu like i9 12700.

I tested vray 6 gpu it is happening what happened with vray 5.2 takes really a lot of vram, probably with compressed textures this is going to help.

Right now im doing a render with vray 6 cpu and i dont see the new technology that split the buckets and makes the render much faster.

With vray 6 cpu i dont see any kind of speed is kind of the same than 5.2

Do we got the adaptive buckets for vray cpu?

I believe this was inplemented with vray 5.2 in the last hotfix

The look development with vray cpu is awesome looks really nice if you can improve much greater the speed well i can begin to use vray cpu and left apart vray gpu.

Right now i dont simply know what to do???!!!

Vray 6 gpu takes too much vram again, but i can render with vray cpu, but it is really slow.

While vray gpu needs more work with the shaders it is very fast but can be very unstable and the vram for me it is a still issue.

So this is my feedback how do i feel with vray 6.

PD.Here im talking when vray start to load things to begin light cache, with vray gpu the software loads a lot of things.

loading bitmaps, building mesh and building tree and i dont remember much more.

With vray cpu says starting render and then begin in 10 seconds vray is building light cache.

Thanks

Last edited by luisgamino2; 13-07-2023, 09:05 PM.
Working...
X