Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 6 depth of field vs Adobe photoshop neural filters

Hi Konstantin

I have been playing in this week with photoshop, one of the things that i really liked is how the neural filter( depth blur) is working with the depth map, with this new tool we can get the depth maph even if you dont have it already with you render, also with this map i can use it with fiter lens blur achieving a really nice effect of depth of field.

May i ask how is the work with vray 6 about this subject...??

I havent see an effort on this in years and months, i believe is time to play with in the VFB with the z depth.

I was so amazed about the work with photoshop with the depth blur, you can even pick at any point of your render that you want to be in focus and it does a really nice work.

Also with this map i can play a bit and with some tricks i can use depth map to imitate enviroment fog or aerial perspective.

I asked before the release of vray 6 an effort on this...Nothing happened!!!

So please make an effort on this...The depth of field is a really nice feature for renders.

Takes around 20% of time of the render to do the depth of field, is not interactive, looks how it works with photoshop, you have to use a lot of samples to get off the noise.

So please dont forget about this...As i told before i didnt find really nice tools with vray 6...While with vray 5 you really brought a lot of functions.

Thanks again

Last edited by luisgamino2; 21-01-2023, 11:09 AM.
Working...
X