Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can`t update Vray license service

Hello,

I got my Vray License Server utility running on my server, where also a renderslave version of Max/Vray is installed. This worked fine until now. When I try to install Vray RT, the "License server only" option in the installation dialogue is greyed out. How can I update my License server utility ?

Regards
    Ingo Leuschner

The license server will also be updated if you install the "Workstation" option.

Basically the installer will only allow to choose among the options that are compatible with your current V-Ray for 3ds Max installation.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado,

thanks for answering, but exact this is the problem : the workstation option is greyed out too, because on my server I have only a Max renderslave version installed. when I install the workstation version on my "real" workstation, nothing changes at my license server which is installed on my server, right ?

Regards
      Ingo

Comment

You need to run the installer on the machine where your license server is running, in order to update it. On that machine, you probably installed the standard V-Ray either in workstation mode, or in license server only mode, or you copied the vrlservice.exe file directly. To update the license server, just do the same thing with the V-Ray RT installation.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

That is what I want to do, but once again : I am not able to update the license server on that machine where it is running (see attached screenshot). I don`t know why it is greyed out, but this makes it impossible to install it...

Regards
          Ingo
          Attached Files

Comment

Then just copy over the license server from your workstation to where it is placed on the license server machine.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Oops, yes, that helps. Sorry Vlado for for posting, I should have come to this solution by myself....

Regards
              Ingo

Comment

Could you be a bit more specific? What do you mean by "copy over the license server"? Copy the installation directory from the workstation (all the files under Programs/vray... or where ever they get installed) to the server and overwrite the old files?
                For me everything is greyed out, only "standalone slave" is active when I try to install on our server.

Comment

You only need to copy the license server file (vrlservice.exe); however for this you will need a full installation of V-Ray RT on some machine.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

This doesn't work for me as my workstations are 64-bit, our server is 32-bit. Is it possible that you provide the vrlservice.exe in 32-bit somewhere?

Comment

It is included in the 32-bit versions of the installations; there is no problem to install a 32-bit version of V-Ray RT on a 64-bit system.

I can also prepare for you a separate download for the 32-bit version of the license server, but it may take some time.

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

Copying the 32-bit vrlservice.exe from a workstation to our server did not work, even then the update wasn't there. But then I tried the rt-installer for max2009 and this one gave me the option to install only the licenseserver, which the max2010-installation didn't. Quite confusing installation... but after far to much time for a basic installation in the end all problems solved here, thanks.

Comment

It's a bit confusing at present, yes. For the next major update we will have a completely separate installation for the license server, outside of the V-Ray installation itself (like this is done in Maya currently).

Best regards,
                          Vlado

Comment

Working...
                          X