Separate exrs with cloud rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separate exrs with cloud rendering

When I tell max to separate exr channels in the render dialog, the cloud submitter gives me a warning saying that this option is not supported. Is there a way to separate out exrs on the cloud?

Hi, thanks for posting. Are you using 3ds Max and what version? What is your V-Ray version?
    Also please update your client app to the latest version if you haven't already.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	chrome_2024-02-26_16-39-29.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	1203021
    In my test using 3ds Max 2024 with V-Ray 6.2 there were no issues saving out to separate exr files on the Cloud.
    I am using this rollout (3ds max):
    |Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_2024-02-26_16-42-36.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	1203022

And then submit trough the submitter.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_2024-02-26_16-43-57.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	1203023
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you Vladimir. I will try to add the exr path to the separate path location. I was trying to use the separate check box but still using the vray image file location. I am using the latest build of max and vray. I will try this today and see how it goes.

Cheers

Comment

I was trying to use the separate check box but still using the vray image file location.
        This is not the correct workflow and definitely could be the issue. Please keep us posted on you progress.

Comment

That did the trick. Thank you.

Cheers

Comment

I did notice the cryptomattes break once they are separated out. Are cryptomattes supported when we separate them out from vray?

Cheers

Comment

Hi, the cryptomatte is not supported with separate render channels output. This is true for a local render as well.

Comment

Working...
              X