Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback on Vray Collab

- Drag'n'Drop multiple images for upload

- Auto update images with identical names when uploading new versions instead of having to find them manually everytime and replacing them one by one.

- The ability to attach images to comments. Attached images should only be visible when selecting a comment "like reference images"

- Image sorting options "Alphabet, Upload Date, Last commented, etc" "PLEASE!"

- When resolving a comment, don't make the page scroll all the way down to the bottom. It's very annoying and I have to scroll all the way to the top everytime i "check" a comment

- Notification options when uploading a new version of an image.

Best Regard
    Frederik Østergaard

3D Artist at Furnipart

Hi Frederik!

Thank you for you detailed feedback - it is honestly helping us prioritize the right features!
    I will comment directly in your feedback and kindly as you for some more information on some of these points.

- Drag'n'Drop multiple images for upload
    We currently support drag'n'drop of up to 10 images at the same time as long as they are not larger than 100Mb total at one time.
    Question - Do you feel like this is too restrictive? Do you find yourself uploading more than that at any one time?

- Auto update images with identical names when uploading new versions instead of having to find them manually everytime and replacing them one by one.
    The system currently supports having multiple files with the same name, which is why we do not automatically overwrite files with the same name. We can potentially work on an option to overwrite files with the same name or attach automatically as a new version.
    Question - Do you usually upload files manually in the Web UI of Cloud Collaboration or do you upload files straight from Vray in 3ds Max?

- The ability to attach images to comments. Attached images should only be visible when selecting a comment "like reference images"
    We have discussed a feature for this - it will be in the works soon!

- Image sorting options "Alphabet, Upload Date, Last commented, etc" "PLEASE!"
    More advanced file management features like sorting and filtering files are also in the roadmap soon!
    Question - How many files do you usually work with on a typical project? Tens, hundreds of images?

- When resolving a comment, don't make the page scroll all the way down to the bottom. It's very annoying and I have to scroll all the way to the top everytime i "check" a comment
    We are aware of this issue - we have a new design coming that splits open/resolved comments in their own tabs so they don't mix and will eliminate the automatic scrolling.

- Notification options when uploading a new version of an image.
    We will be adding more notification options including this in the near future.

I am very much looking forward to your reply. You have been very helpful and I hope we improve on all these points sooner!
    If you have any additional feedback or comments, please keep sharing them with us!

Best Regards,

Vasil
    Vasil Garbev
    Product Manager
    Chaos Cloud Collaboration​

Comment

Hi Vasil!

Thanks for the quick responds, it's nice to know the developers take their customers feedback seriously.

- Do you feel like this is too restrictive? Do you find yourself uploading more than that at any one time?
      Yes, all the time!
      I don't know how high the limit would be able to be set in the system, but i would definitely put it as high as possible.

- Do you usually upload files manually in the Web UI of Cloud Collaboration or do you upload files straight from Vray in 3ds Max?
      I only upload using the Web UI.
      I submit my renders when i go home from work, and then they are uploaded when i get in the next day.
      If it would be possible to Auto Upload an image with correct naming to a project folder on Vray Collab once it's finished rendering, that would be very intriguing and interesting.

- How many files do you usually work with on a typical project? Tens, hundreds of images?
      Somewhere in between.
      If it's product images, then it's around 60-100 images.
      If it's InSitu images, then it's around 10-30 images.

Looking forward to your responds

Best Regard
      Frederik Østergaard

3D Artist at Furnipart​

Comment

Hi again Frederik,

We do take the feedback very seriously - we are just starting out with Cloud Collaboration as a product and the feedback is critical!

Thank you for your continued communication!

I will see what we can do technically about the upload restrictions. As for the upload scenario, we plan to do a tighter integration with VRay so we can potentially address auto-upload there too.

If you have the time, I would actually love to schedule a call with you and anyone else relevant in your company to discuss your workflow and how you use the system and what you would love to see in the product in the future.
        What do you think? If that is not convenient we can always keep the conversation here.

Kind regards,

Vasil
        Vasil Garbev
        Product Manager
        Chaos Cloud Collaboration​

Comment

Hi Vasil,

Sorry for the late answer, been very busy.
          Would love to have a call with you regarding our feedback for Vray Collab.
          Already have a list ready.

Reach out to me at foe@furnipart.com and then we can set a meeting

Best regards
          Frederik Østergaard

Comment

Working...
          X