Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orbital/First person model view

Hi Chaos,

I’m not sure if this is the right place to posts this. But hopefully it will reach the right people.

I use vray for SU and vantage a lot, both to create still images and animations for clients. Lately I’m starting to get more requests for more immersive content in the form of real time viewing or customisation during presentations of marketing material on web browsers.

The best way to explain this would be in the form of the client being able to walk around a rendered 3D model from an emailed web link or alternatively the client would like to use a 360 spherical render that I produced and they can go from hot spot to hot spot, but have the option of a button that switches kitchen unit colours from white to blue for example.

I just wondered whether this was something that chaos we’re looking into with vantage and chaos cloud collaboration? It would gave us creatives the option to provide more immersive customisable content for our end users and be pretty powerful. It could also build upon light mix and introduce lighting customisation.

The closest third party programme that I use and has the sort of optioneering that I’m referring to is called 3DVista (gltf file required however) which can create orbital and walkable 3D textured models in first person view as well 360 spherical renderings with the ability to swap finishes of kitchen units for example.

Any thoughts on the above would be most appreciated?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Josh Letherbarrow

Hi Josh!

Thank you for the detailed suggestions!
    The fact that you are getting such requests only confirms our product direction and I'm happy to share that we are working on both the scenarios you described.

The real-time experience in your browser and potentially on mobile devices is something we are actively exploring and once I have more information to share about it I will certainly let you know.
    The interactive 360 Virtual Tours (Images and Panoramas) feature is being actively developed in Cloud Collaboration right now. You can easily share a folder with a presentation you created inside with a customer via a link. You can even allow them to view or comment without needing to log into an account.

- We already have the ability to connect panoramas and 2d images with hotspots
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	17.9 KB ID:	1195845
    - You can also currently use our File Versioning Feature to attach and present multiple versions of the panoramas/2d renders to show different design options. This works during presentations as well. (In the near future we will add a more explicit design options feature)

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	113.1 KB ID:	1195846​​

In January we will have a bigger update for it with more customization options and the ability to add highlights - points with additional text, links or images, that can be used to add more detail, context or show some local design options.
    If you give me an email I can share a sample presentation with you to see our current progress and capabilities. We are in the beginning still but looking to make our tool much more powerful.

As for 3D Vista - we are well aware of it and it's capabilities and we are trying to bring some of the features that make sense to a web experience where you won't need an expensive desktop application to achieve similar or better results.
    Please let me know what parts of 3D Vista or other tools you mostly use or need. This will be very valuable feedback for us!

I am also open to a quick call if you want to discuss your use cases in more detail.

Best regards,

Vasil
    Vasil Garbev
    Product Manager
    Chaos Cloud Collaboration​

Comment

Hi Vasil,

Thanks for your reply. This all sounds really interesting.
      Thank you for your detailed reply. Its sounds like there are a few exciting new developments on the horizon that align with my queries, which I look forward to seeing. It would be great to see any examples of the presentation development that you mention to see how things are progressing. I will message you my email.

In terms of my 3D Vista usage. I mainly export 360 spherical images which are linked together with hotspots and then add in variations of flooring finishes/ kitchen unit colours or worktops (which are masked individually). These options will have a button added or material swatch visible on the viewing window to switch between possible finish options. This gives the potential buyer customisation and seems to engage them more so than still CGI's. The clients ability to have control of their journey through the project and scan through various finishes is powerful and engaging. Branding/ logos are often overlaid to create a desired aesthetic and make it look more refined. This is then sent via a QR code or website address and viewed on any web browser or any phone or basic computer/iPad.

It would be great if Chaos Cloud did this all under one application including the buttons/ logo options etc as well as integrated their lightmix option as an on screen button/slider to control the lights in a project which would be really immersive and powerful.
      Last edited by josh_letherbarrow; 05-12-2023, 03:13 PM.

Comment

In the medium term it would then be ideal if you could build upon the real time capabilities of Chaos Vantage with the Nvidia DLSS function and give end users the option to walk around a defined 3D model with materials switch options and lighting control options all accessible and viewable on a browser or smart phone. I know this is a big ask, but I really do feel Chaos is starting to have all the components to be able to pull this together and make big moves and create game change immersive content.

Look forward to hearing from you and the updates.​

Thanks Again Vasil.
        Last edited by josh_letherbarrow; 05-12-2023, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Hey Josh! Thank you again for the insightful reply!

You can rest assured that I am already using the information you give me!
          I will update you as soon as we have anything new released, probably in the early 2024 timeline!

Have a great vacation if I don't hear from you before the holidays!
          Vasil Garbev
          Product Manager
          Chaos Cloud Collaboration​

Comment

Working...
          X