Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Chaos team ,Wishlist is here

Hello Chaos team :
    Can you add a direction map for baking hair,and Vantage's support for SSS materials,all the best

Hi, thanks for posting.
    Vantage's support for SSS materials
    We have this request logged in our internal system (LAV-523). I will link your thread to it.

add a direction map for baking hair
    I am not familiar with this workflow, could you please explain it in a bit more details.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you for your reply

Ok, I said the direction map, it comes from a part of the PBR Game production process. Its workflow is to bake real hair information onto a plane to generate diffuse map, id map, normal map, ao map, direction map, etc. This direction map is probably used to record the direction of the hair and render highlights. There is a small introduction to the direction map in the video link below (starting at 14 minutes and 07 seconds). It's a bit difficult to explain, but there is also a direction map option in the xnormal baking. This direction map is ultimately applied to the hair material of Marmoset.

Video link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJMSkmWPrqI&t=955s

Also, I have attached some pictures for reference only​

Last edited by hongwei; 28-06-2024, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Although I am using 3dsmax, I have only seen the baking direction map in Maya >Arnold >aiUtility and xnormal, so there is a screenshot of the material in Maya's map there,
        I hope to also be able to bake direction maps in 3dsmax's Vray in the future. Thank you, oh, and there is also support for VRayALsurface Mtl in the vantage
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.
        Last edited by hongwei; 28-06-2024, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X