Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chaos Cloud GPU - Is it forest pro compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaos Cloud GPU - Is it forest pro compatible?

As the title mentions.
    Can we use Forest with Chaos Cloud GPU?

The supported features doenst mention what is and what isnt supported on GPU?
    https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...orted+Features

I ahve a job that im willing to try rendering on chaos cloud again, after some bad experiences

(frames on a 3970x CPU are 4hrs and frames on a single 3090 are 22m....)

I guess thats a no?

Is there an issue with support here? I mean come on lol you want people to use this and then cant bother to provide up to date specs and documentation? How hard can it be?
    What am I going to do? Buy credits and then test it and have to gop through the process of getting a redfund?

Once more - is forest instancing supported on chaos cloud GPU? the above link mentions only CPU so just wanted to check.

Thanks

Comment

It should be supported on the cloud, except Forest Color's Tint "As texture on surface" which is coming very soon. If you have any doubts, I can test it for you before you submit it, just send me the scene.
      If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
      Chaos

Comment

ok thanks for that
        will give it a go

i also just got this....perhaps explains the terrible support on chaos cloud?

Dear Customer,
        due to a technical issue, some inquiries reported by the chaos Cloud contact-form were not logged properly into the support-system. If you are still waiting for our assistance, please respond to this message and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
        We apologies for any inconvenience that this might cause you.
        Regards
        Chaos Support Team

Comment

Yes, there was an issue with the ticketing system and the support guys didn't get some messages.

Other than that V-Ray 5.1.1 + FP7 should give you what you need.

Peter Matanov
          Chaos

Comment

I am still having issues with this on Vray GPU
            last time it took over 10 days for a reply

Forest pack sometimes doesnt render objects - I sent a report but wanted to post it here again, can I ask that you please reply this time.
            Its not running out of vram from a look at the log - i really dont get it

have also emailed you peter - i cant see an easy way to copy job number from cloud either

Attached Files
            Last edited by squintnic; 28-03-2021, 09:57 PM.

Comment

I tried this on a few different scenes and also tried on vray CPU (much slower) but it also drops out some objects consistently
              Is someone able to assist here?

Comment

looks like it only works when you instantattiate the forest pack and bake it to instances
                this is a bug IMO and has taken me submitting 5 jobs to test

its not ideal to have to bake to instances everytime you render - this is an ongoing issue since I started this thread with ZERO responses to this specific issue
                again im really unimpressed with the support here

matanov

Comment

Hi Nic,

First of all - you knew that there was a technical issue with the ticketing system back then. So I really don't understand why the attacking comments here.

Second, for a user with your experience I'm again confused why there are no scenes attached?

Peter Matanov
                  Chaos

Comment

Working...
                  X