rendering on the cloud & missing textures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rendering on the cloud & missing textures

Just wanted to ask if cloud submissions are automatically distributed between CPU & GPUs regardless of your own local render setup? I have found in previous cloud jobs that some areas in a frame had not rendered correctly using the distancetex material (which i use a lot) whereas in a subsequent frame the same area had rendered correctly.
    As GPU cant render distancetex, i wondered if this is the result of buckets being randomly distributed between CPU & GPU for rendering once received ?
    I have a project coming up and just wanted to try and see if i can avoid this problem.
    If this is correct, might it be possible to specify to CPU only for render ?

Hello,

Currently the jobs submitted on Chaos Cloud will render as follows depending on what you have selected in your 3d host app during export/submit:

1. If you have selected V-Ray CPU ( Regular V-Ray Engine ) the job will render with V-Ray CPU engine and will always run on CPU hardware only.

2. If you have selected V-Ray GPU the job will render with V-Ray GPU Engine. It is currently possible to run V-Ray GPU jobs on either GPU hardware or CPU hardware, however this should produce the same output result. Please check here for more information: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...ngineOverrides

Jobs cannot switch between V-Ray CPU and V-Ray GPU engines.

The problem with the difference in the output is most probably caused by another thing. Can you please send us the URLs from these jobs so we can check them.

Comment

thanks for your response. That's encouraging.
      I cant really send the job to you anymore for testing as it was a year ago now and long finished.
      I solved it by re-rendering small areas locally in the problem frames (bit of a fiddly job).
      It was an odd thing though. I had used distancetex a number of times as overlays and masks in a composite material inside a list of about 10 textures. All worked except for one material in the list which was sometimes rendered and other times not.... very strange.

Comment

Working...
      X