Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 5 For Cinema - ik dynamics on chaos cloud

This is regarding IK dynamics in Cinema 4d S24 Vray 5 update 1 -

Is it necessary to bake ik dynamics to alembic or point cache in order for them to render on the chaos farm? It seems to work inconsistently...sometimes it's fine others it looks off from my local machine.

Also what about x particles vdb meshes...best to cache to alembic? or is the x particles cache supported?

Hi,

Can you please let us know the URL of a job ( or jobs ) from the Chaos Cloud portal that had issues with ik dynamics and a URL of a job that rendered correctly so we can check and compare them.

Also, if possible, please send us the original C4D job that had problems in the Cloud to support@chaosgroup.com - this will allow us to replicate the problem at our side and help us identify the issue faster.

Comment

Hi I have actually just done a test and it seems vray itself even locally on one machine is not rendering the ik dynamics correctly.

It's very obvious as I render a preview / playblast out from the picture viewer and then overlayed it on the rendered frames in after effects and the mesh deformation is way off. The dynamics are basically being ignored, or weirdly jittery

See this screenshot with playblast and incorrectly rendered image side by side on the same frame....you can see the 'drag' from the ik dynamics is not there in the rendered version. (the character is jumping so the limbs should lag behind if that makes sense) The deformation is totally different.

Click image for larger version  Name:	comparison.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.0 KB ID:	1118410

If I bake the skinned object out to alembic and render it works correctly. I can understand how on a farm with multiple machines it might not work, I would have thought locally one machine it should be fine. The c4d standard render is capable of this.

The URL of the job that rendered incorrectly is this
      https://cloud.chaos.com/jobs/Glaki4ECFm8C2XJS

The URL of the job that correctly is this (baked with alembic) ....note this is the same scene though I changed a few keyframes on the animation, but the issue is same re the ik dynamics
      https://cloud.chaos.com/jobs/Gli8-iVdhSL7u9NS

Sorry if this should be in the Vray for Cinema forum...?
      Last edited by cam_910; 02-07-2021, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X