Uploading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading

Will the upload continue and complete if I close down the Houdini project before it's finished uploading?

Hey simon_ryder ,

The window that opens up once you initiate the Chaos Cloud upload is a child process for the main Houdini window. Thus, closing Houdini will naturally abort the export/upload as well.

As a possible workflow, please consider exporting the VRscene from the V-Ray Renderer ROP -> Export tab -> Export Mode -> "Export". You can then manually submit the VRScene from the Chaos Cloud Client app.

If that doesn't seem like a suitable workflow for you, would you mind expanding a bit as to why you'd want to be able to close Houdini while the export is running? We may be able to come to a solution that fits your case.

Best regards!
    gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi Gosho,

Thanks for getting to me.

I will be using the cloud client in the future as that workflow will work well for me. I was hitting a very last minute deadline and started using the cloud renderer to help speed up the process. I had 15 projects needing working on and rendering simultaneously and the uploading time was frustrating. Got it all to the client successfully in the end. But will definitely be using the choas app in the future.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X