Best Practice for Animations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Practice for Animations

What is the best practice for animations on the cloud as far as image format? Would it be better to just save as VRIMG and do all of the work in the frame buffer afterwards with the batch tool? Outside of the download sizes, it feels like VRIMG is the way to go to give me the most flexible post-cloud editing.

If you intend to use the V-Ray Batch Processing Tool as a post-processing tool your choice is between .vrimg and .exrs (supported in V-Ray 6). Though large in size, multi-channeled image files are the most flexible ones - they are Raw (linear) and can hold a lot of information (lighting, reflections, masks, etc). If filesize is not an issue, I would recommend it. Otherwise, if you change your mind and decide to use a post-processing software (i.e. Nuke, AfterEffects), it may be a better idea to directly export .exrs, so as to skip a conversion step (through the .vrimg to .exr tool).

As a general answer, the choice of an output format depends on the project at hand - what is going to happen to these files after rendering, who is going to work with them, with which software, etc.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X