Cloud Output EXR file options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloud Output EXR file options

I hope I can describe this effectively. When I render from 3DS max, using the Vray Frame Buffer, I follow this workfow.

In the render dialog vray section I check the save "Vray raw image file" option and save the rendering to a file on my local drive as "project-01.exr". I leave the save "Separate render channels" un checked.

I usually have a number of render elements like, vray de-noiser, lightmix, vray cryptomatte. I also have a number of layer effects in the vray VFB and have those effects saved to a file so I can re-load them as needed.

The file that was saved via the render dialog save "Vray raw image file" option is a multi layered file. If I load this file into the VFB it has all the various render channels included. It also has the layer effects included and all the saved layer effects with their saved settings appear in the vray VFB. This is very helpful for the inevitable times that I need to load the saved EXR file into the vray VFB and then adjust some of the layer effects. No need to re-render, just load the EXR, tweak some layer effects or lightmix or whatever and then save the revised image from the VFB.

In using chaos cloud rendering I want to end up with an EXR file that is the same as described above.

I think I was able to do that in my first tests but now I cannot for the life of me figure out how I did it.

What I have found is that it seems that in chaos cloud I need to choose to download the zip file from the browser versus from the output files section. See attached screengrab01.

Click image for larger version  Name:	screengrab01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	411.6 KB ID:	1181111

If I load the EXR from the zip file into the vray VFB it opens and I can choose the effects result channel and it looks good but the layer effects are not included. If I load the layer effects file that I saved for this then it looks way out of whack until I uncheck the "Rest" box in the Lightmix (see attached screen grabs). Once I do that I think I have what I want.

Click image for larger version  Name:	screengrab02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	617.1 KB ID:	1181109

Click image for larger version  Name:	screengrab03.jpg Views:	0 Size:	571.6 KB ID:	1181110

This all seems a bit convoluted and I'm not confidant that I am following the best workflow or using the best settings etc in chaos cloud. I don't want to burn up more of my credits testing this so I am hoping this all makes sense and someone can verify or correct how I am using chaos cloud rendering. Thanks in advance or any help!
    Last edited by OPEN_RANGE; 17-05-2023, 03:55 PM.
    mark f.
    openrangeimaging.com

Max 2023.3.4 | Vray 6 update 2 | Win 10

Core i7 6950 | GeForce RTX 2060 | 64 G RAM

Hi, thanks for posting.

What I have found is that it seems that in chaos cloud I need to choose to download the zip file from the browser versus from the output files section.
    It is not clear to me why would you need to do this? Could you elaborate?

If I load the EXR from the zip file into the vray VFB it opens and I can choose the effects result channel and it looks good but the layer effects are not included.
    I was not able to reproduce this in a simple scеne. I have a scene with VFB corrections and LightMix, tested on the cloud and locally and got identical results.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vray_2023-05-19_16-13-57.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	1181297
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X