No announcement yet.

Setting a Credit Cost Limit per Image?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting a Credit Cost Limit per Image?

Is there any way, through the CLI, of setting a cost credit per Image instead of per job?

For example, if I submit a job with 5 images (either frames or camera views), and one specific image has a high cost but the others are fine. Would there be any way to stop the rendering? We are submitting render jobs with an arbitrary number of frames at first glance, so it's hard to set a point limit for the whole job.

I know we can set it to an (X amount of credits) x (Y number of frames) but it seems a bit error prone. If, in an extreme example, we have 20 frames, and we set a limit of 5 credits per image, we would have a job cost limit of 100 credits. But if 19 of them have a cost of 1 credit, and the last image for whatever reason has a cost of 80 credits, it would still go through.

Hi, thanks for posting. Credit Limit does not work with animation. Here is the docs page about it.
    We will discuss the possibility to have a limit per image.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi, in the future it may be possible to use credit limit by image. We have this feature logged in our system for development. I will add your thread to it and raise the priority.
      Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
      X