Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a question about why the chaos cloud render dont support all the features in Vray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a question about why the chaos cloud render dont support all the features in Vray?

Hi

I got a message from a company doing cloud rendering, independent of Chaos, and according to them they support all features of the latest Vray build! If that is true, why will not Chaos Cloud just do the same?
    I mean it is your software and it sounds strange that you cloud render with limitation?
    I m very happy with the Cloud render and it safes me many times, but I don't really understand this lack of features!

Br
    Harald

Hi,

Thanks for raising this issue, can you please specify the certain features that we are missing.
    When we know we will take a deeper look and come back to you.

Have a great day,

Kristiyan Petrov
    Associate Product Owner
    Chaos

Comment

Hi Kristiyan Petrov

Thanks for answering and sorry about late answer but I m thinking about the VrayTriplanartex and the randomizer map. You have answered me that I shall put it in the wish list (I did), but still I don't understand why a another cloud render company say they support everything in Vray. Of course it can be that they can not, just sale lying, but I was just wondering if they are, then why not Chaos Cloud!?

Comment

The cloud rendering exports the scene as a .vrscene file and renders it on a linux machine using V-Ray AppSDK. This is why there could be missing features, compared to rendering with V-Ray for 3ds Max within the 3ds Max application. However this is true for a very small number of V-Ray plugins and use cases.

VrayTriplanartex is listed as a supported plugin on this page. https://docs.chaos.com/display/VMAX/...orted+Features

We would have to check the specific scene to figure out what is not working correctly. Can you please send a report for the scene which has this problem, using the Report button:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-09-13 141015.png
Views:	17
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	1215825
        Ivaylo Marinov

QA Engineer Chaos Cloud

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
        X