Vray for Maya 6 - Cloud Rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray for Maya 6 - Cloud Rendering

Currently the only vray for maya that I can download and install is v6.00.3 Hotfix 1. The cloud rendering farm is now running 6.10.05. I'm running to issues where renders coming off of the farm do not match what I can render locally.

When will there be an update for download and install?

Thanks!

To add to this, it appears as though the decal is not working properly with the cryptomatte render pass when rendered on the cloud farm. The left image is a local render and the right image is the cryptomatte in nuke after being rendered on the cloud farm. Perhaps this is a problem with the new version in the farm? The farm version does not respect the decal and renders only black where the decal is sitting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	243
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	1177522Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	147
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	1177523​​

Comment

What is the ID or the name of the cloud job and has this ever worked on Chaos Cloud (V-Ray 6.1 was released in the Cloud on 14.02, before that 6.0 was used)
      Ivaylo Marinov

QA Engineer Chaos Cloud

Chaos Group

Comment

Does this help?

Overture_Exterior_Studio_PAS_Chalet_FT_Dark.002 - PAS_Chalet_FT.001 | Chaos Cloud Rendering
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes it used to work fine. I have renders that were done using the cloud farm further back than 6/22/2022, and the decal worked properly.

Perhaps since Vray 6 the issue has come up.

Comment

The cryptomatte layer looks different between 6.0 and 6.1 using the same scene, I think 6.0 produces what you expect. I will ask around what is causing this and if there is a workaround for the cloud. Please send an email to support@chaos.com with a link to the forum thread, so that a ticket about this is opened in the support system.
            Ivaylo Marinov

QA Engineer Chaos Cloud

Chaos Group

Comment

We are currently looking into this - I just want to confirm that the differences are purely in the cryptomatte render pass? Does the image render as expected in the RGB (beauty​ pass) ?
              Ivaylo Marinov

QA Engineer Chaos Cloud

Chaos Group

Comment

It appears as though the beauty is rendering fine. Ill continue to watch it close. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                X