Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• color dodge effect

Hello,

I'm currently working on a face with a simple eyelash geometry which consists of 3 planes on each lid with VrayMtl+transparent .tif texture - for some reason, it's creating this color dodge effect around the eyelids. Any clue as to why this is happening?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Hi, thanks for posting. What version of V-Ray and what host application are you using (looks to me like Autodesk Maya but please confirm)?
    This is the Cloud Rendering section and it is dedicated to issues that happen only if you render on the Chaos Cloud.
    Do you get the same render if you render locally with V-Ray or only on the Cloud?

Is this the "colour dodge effect" that you are talking about?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	chrome_2023-12-22_15-26-10.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	1198430
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

could it be gi bounced light? -just thinking out loud, if gi is ignoring the transparency and reflecting from the whole piece of geometry, and if the areas of the geometry outside the transparency map are a light colour... you might get a similar effect.

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
        Hi, thanks for posting. What version of V-Ray and what host application are you using (looks to me like Autodesk Maya but please confirm)?
        This is the Cloud Rendering section and it is dedicated to issues that happen only if you render on the Chaos Cloud.
        Do you get the same render if you render locally with V-Ray or only on the Cloud?

Is this the "colour dodge effect" that you are talking about?
        Click image for larger version  Name:	chrome_2023-12-22_15-26-10.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.2 KB ID:	1198430
        Hello,

Yes, that's it, I have Vray 6 for Maya, update 1 - local render. I do notice that there's no bounce light/color dodge effect when the eyelash geometry is separated from the face geometry (see screenshot_4), but the way animation is structured on my end, it's imperative that all geometry must be combined. Sorry for posting in the wrong section - I appreciate the response, everyone.

Thanks!

Attached Files

Comment

HI, I will move your thread to the Maya section. If you'd like you could send us your scene for review. Go trough your project once again and if you are not able to fix the issue, archive and send it here or on the support contact form. Please add a link to this thread if you use the contact form.
          Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X