Embree static ray caster error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embree static ray caster error

I have a 10K single image to render but keep getting this error locally and in the cloud.

// Error: V-Ray : Error building Embree static ray caster, error message: [EmbreeRayServer::doBuildSDTree] 3: Setting vertex buffer failed (number triangles 558660794)

Any ideas how to resolve it?
    Thanks

Hi, thanks for posting. What host app are you using (is it 3ds Max)? Are you using V-Ray CPU or V-Ray GPU and what versions. Is the issue happening in every scene, even a new simple scene?
    Make sure you are not running out of memory.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

If I drop it down to 6K then it renders fine so it's a memory issue.
      Thought the cloud should be able to handle it?

Comment

Is there a way to help manage this part of the Embree build process?
        Maya 2024 every new Chaos release installed.
        No displacement

Comment

Are you using V-Ray CPU or V-Ray GPU? How much memory do you have locally?

Comment

Using CPU and 64GB installed.

Comment

Hi, there is a maximum used memory limit but it is quite high. Are you sure your scene is optimized? It looks like a dramatic increase in the used memory. Granted you are rendering at 10K but still suspicious.
              We could possibly increase the memory limit on the Cloud only for this job. We have to go to the tickets for this. Also we can review your scene and test it here on one of our 256Gb machines. Open a ticket, share your job ID​ and if you'd like archive and share the scene for review.

Comment

Very strange as I have rendered out 25K before on other jobs. I am using mostly cosmos proxys. We can get away with the rendered size so that's ok. It would be nice to debug it but just don't have the time, it's most urgent to get out to client.

Comment

Working...
                X