Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How in the world do I convert or open VRIMG files - rendered out from Cloud

Hi

Been rendering for days in cloud and chose VRIMG as output format so I could work on the original layers. I have tried to open the files in Chaos Player, used the VRIMG to OpenEXR converter, tried to open them in Photoshop with the plugin for it installed, but I m not able to get up anything. The files are very big, from 11 GB and up to 20 GB,... can that be an issue?

I can open them in V-Ray Frame Buffer and it seems like alpha and glare and some other layers are ok, but the results layer is just pink. I really need the beauty layer or everything is just meaningless use of credit and time at Cloud

Please help me I m close to deadline

Br
    Last edited by harald_martinoff; 28-02-2024, 08:51 AM.

Hi, thanks for posting.
    All of the mentioned methods should work in theory. I suppose the large resolution is a challenge in your case.

Buffer size (in MB) – Sets the maximum allocated buffer size. By default, this value is set to 500 MB. If the image does not fit into the max buffer size, it is converted in several passes.​
    Have you tried to raise this parameter of the exr converer?

other layers are ok, but the results layer is just pink
    I can't help much without the vrimg. Examine the layers again. Could there be something turned on in the VFB that should not be on?

Could you share your job ID?
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Vladimir

Thanks for following this up. As such it is many jobs and all are the same, but ID? Where do I find that?

And to allocate more memory to frame buffer! Where do I do that?

I will try your suggestions too!

Br
      Harald Martinoff
      Last edited by harald_martinoff; 29-02-2024, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Hi again

I manage to extract the RGB and the results layer with the VrimgtoEXR, but it is just empty No error when rendered in Cloud.

Comment

Then a question about the Large Preview. If Cloud are not able to render for me, what is the quality of this "preview"? This is for print and I feel a bit lost

Sorry, this is still Harald Martinoff. Me and Fredrik work together and sometimes I log in wrongly
          Last edited by fredrik_stre; 29-02-2024, 05:34 AM.

Comment

As such it is many jobs and all are the same, but ID? Where do I find that?
            You can find instructions here - https://docs.chaos.com/display/VCLOU...HowtogetaJobID

And to allocate more memory to frame buffer! Where do I do that?
            I was refering to the V-Ray Image to EXR Converter. Please read the docs about it.
            You will find the parameter "buffer size" there. I am not sure if this will help but it is worth trying.

I manage to extract the RGB and the results layer with the VrimgtoEXR, but it is just empty
            Are you sure about that? You mentioned about reviewing render elements in the VFB in your previous post.

Maybe it is best if you send me your job ID so I can review everything. If the vrimg is 20Gb it can't be empty.

fredrik_stre Are you referring to the same issue or you have experienced the same difficulties on a separate job?

Comment

Thanks for answering.

First it is only me, Harald Martinoff that asks questions. Our licenses are in his name and sometimes I log in automatically wrong. So if Fredrik_ste ask anything about this it is only me

Ok, yes I made the buffer in the converter bigger, but to no help.

ID for one of the jobs that didnt work is here: https://cloud.chaos.com/jobs/LlJsuCGsHa_iFw5r

This created a 17,4 GB VRIMG file

Beside the VRIMG I get files for alpha, Dome_light. Effectsresult, environment, glare, sun, self_illumination, VrayDenoiser and Zdepth, but these files are JPG and as such compressed (I guess), but I do like to have the EXR files for editing!

For all I know the Effects_results.jpg is as good as I will get it, but i dont know!

Please check the VRIMG file and see if I missed something

Br
              Harald Martinoff

Comment

Hi vladimir_krastev

Did you manage to open the VRIMG file?

Br
                Harald Martinoff​

Comment

Hi again

I manage to render out new jobs to PNG and then it went good, the VRIMG way is obviously not good when I render big files
                  I guess I have to ender all that didnt work again

Comment

Did you manage to open the VRIMG file?
                    Yes I opened it. The RGB channel is somehow corrupted. It is showing as solid magenta colour over the whole frame. This is also true for the Denoiser channel. Other render elements look fine.
                    What denoiser did you use?

I also did a test on the cloud with a simple scene. The scene consists of a box with default VRayMtl and a VRay Dome Light. The resolution I tested is 30000x20000 pixels and the output is vrimg.
                    It rendered and saved successfully. The vrimg loads in the VFB and I am able to view and export it as exr.

Comment

Hi Vladimir

'I used the normal Vray denoiser (medium). I have posted a ticket where I asked some questions that I really need to get some answers to as I m not able to finish off this job if I don't get my final files. Can some of you check ID #215290

At least it is good to know that the files is corrupted and that it is not from my side that something is done wrongly. I rendered the whole scene out in 1000 x 600 (https://cloud.chaos.com/jobs/LjuGUXxgRbnZmmci) so it shall work!

I really need this to be finished to Monday! Hopefully you can help us? I have two files that is getting close to finish that are waiting!
                      https://cloud.chaos.com/jobs/LlzFLI3b5JXb7NzW
                      https://cloud.chaos.com/jobs/Lly4fL0v52bFy7Kt

Br
                      Fredrik and Harald

Comment

Working...
                      X