Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct method for saving out RGBA with denoiser separate

Hello,

In then past when submitting to Chaos Cloud with the Denoiser, Cryptomatte render elements enabled and saving out as raw EXR. There was the original RGB without denoiser affecting the alpha. Then a Denoiser as separate layer with both the RGB and alpha denoised. Now for some reason, both the RGB and denoiser's alpha have denoiser applied.

It would be useful to have RGBA with no denoiser. Then a separate RGBA with denoiser. Thanks!
    Last edited by james_cutler; 08-04-2024, 03:20 AM.

Oops sorry this ended up in the wrong section. Please move it to Chaos Cloud Rendering.
    Last edited by james_cutler; 08-04-2024, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Hi, thanks for posting. What is your hots app (for example is it 3ds Max) and what version of it? Do you have the latest client app version?
      In the 3ds Max version (probably in the rest as well but I am not sure) there is a checker in the VRayDenoiser render element where you can disable/enable alpha denoising - docs page
      Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi,

3ds Max 2024. I see the checker for disable/enable alpha denoising. I was under the impression that would disable it for both the RGBA and the denoiser layer? Or would it still produce a denoised alpha on the denoiser layer?

Thanks,

Comment

Hi,
          I was under the impression that would disable it for both the RGBA and the denoiser layer?
          That is correct. If you have disabled the "denoise alpha" checker the RGB and Denoiser layer's alpha won't be denoised.
          If you continue to have issues please send us the scene for review.

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
            Hi,

That is correct. If you have disabled the "denoise alpha" checker the RGB and Denoiser layer's alpha won't be denoised.
            If you continue to have issues please send us the scene for review.
            OK, just to confirm that there there is no way to have a denoised alpha AND a not-denoised alpha as separate elements? It is either denoised for both or not denoised for both.

Comment

there is no way to have a denoised alpha AND a not-denoised alpha as separate elements
              Yes this is true.

Comment

Working...
              X