Kitchen visualization. Feedback appreciated. <3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen visualization. Feedback appreciated. <3

I am pretty new to this, so feedback in general and recommendations to do better are highly appreciated.

e.g. still don't know how to integrate a nice outside view like in the window on the right side without compromizing my outside lighting.

Cheers to all of you! Have a nice weekend.

Hi Andreas. I expect you will get some good feedback here. what software are you using? Max 2021/Vray 5 or.... Are the second two images of a collection of models you purchased or did you create those objects? the window to the right is so small that I don't think you would see anything out of it anyway. BUT it could be nice to show some sunlight shining thru it. Easiest is probably to use a vray sun/sky for that. In Max - enable use scene lighting and shadows for your camera shaded viewport and you can interactively aim the sun light into you scene to make it the way you like.

If you want to show something outside the window, make your window glass transparent and you can save the render with an alpha channel and then add an image that is seen thru the window in photoshop. Or map an image to a plane and move it around so it shows what you want thru the window. Then use object properties and vray properties to disable shadows, gi etc. Put the map in a vray light material and assign that to the plane. That will allow you to adjust it's brightness independent of the rest of the scene lighting.

I think the rendering would benefit from the interior being much brighter It kind of looks like night inside and day outside? Use vray overide material to make everything gray and leave the window glass transparent. Render first with only sun shining in. Adjust camera exposure to suit. Then if needed add maybe a plane light up in the ceiling with color temp @3K. In vray properties make plane light invisible and uncheck affect specular and reflect. Adjust intensity to suite. Then work on lights illuminating shelves.

Maybe move the camera to the left to get some more perspective versus straight on look? Hope this is helpful to you.
    mark f.
    openrangeimaging.com

Max 2023.3.4 | Vray 6 update 2 | Win 10

Core i7 6950 | GeForce RTX 2060 | 64 G RAM

Comment

You put a lot of work into it; good job. I think with some fine-tuning, it could be a nice image. I think working on a key light might help and fill it with fill lights. My eye is going all over the place, and you control that with light a lot of the time. Our eye goes to the highest contrast part of the image, and in your image, my eyes are bouncing around like a ping pong ball. Actually, the first thing I see is the stove, which seems to be a photo pasted onto a box. Dial into things and you'll have a nice image.

I look forward to seeing iterations.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Hi guys, and thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated, comments in the text below........

Hi Andreas. I expect you will get some good feedback here. what software are you using? Max 2021/Vray 5 or....
        I did this in SketchUp 2021 and current Vray 5.

Are the second two images of a collection of models you purchased or did you create those objects?
        It is actually the same product in a white studio setting. It is a prototype for a kitchen made in circular design for my place. (see picture attached) Any ideas how to make such a nice glossy and uneven wall? Not really possible as a render, right?

the window to the right is so small that I don't think you would see anything out of it anyway. BUT it could be nice to show some sunlight shining thru it. Easiest is probably to use a vray sun/sky for that. In Max - enable use scene lighting and shadows for your camera shaded viewport and you can interactively aim the sun light into you scene to make it the way you like.
        Actually I used angled sunlight! You can see it left side on the guys model and right side on the wooden working surface with the nice flower vase. But I was thinking about making the window higher and use more incoming light.

If you want to show something outside the window, make your window glass transparent and you can save the render with an alpha channel and then add an image that is seen thru the window in photoshop. Or map an image to a plane and move it around so it shows what you want thru the window. Then use object properties and vray properties to disable shadows, gi etc. Put the map in a vray light material and assign that to the plane. That will allow you to adjust it's brightness independent of the rest of the scene lighting.
        Will try! Btw I use Affinity Photo etc. from Serif.......no need to pay Adobe each month, hate it.
        ​​​​​​​
        I think the rendering would benefit from the interior being much brighter It kind of looks like night inside and day outside? Use vray overide material to make everything gray and leave the window glass transparent. Render first with only sun shining in. Adjust camera exposure to suit. Then if needed add maybe a plane light up in the ceiling with color temp @3K. In vray properties make plane light invisible and uncheck affect specular and reflect. Adjust intensity to suite. Then work on lights illuminating shelves.
        Sounds like a plan! Thanks!
        ​​​​​​​
        Maybe move the camera to the left to get some more perspective versus straight on look? Hope this is helpful to you.
        hmm, tried it and other angles, but straight on looks kind of most "product picture" best. Also easy just to copy into the "white studio" render.
        ​​​​​​​
        You put a lot of work into it; good job. I think with some fine-tuning, it could be a nice image. I think working on a key light might help and fill it with fill lights. My eye is going all over the place, and you control that with light a lot of the time. Our eye goes to the highest contrast part of the image, and in your image, my eyes are bouncing around like a ping pong ball.
        Thanks! True! Don't really have a first focal point and following flow........will do!
        ​​​​​​​
        Actually, the first thing I see is the stove, which seems to be a photo pasted onto a box. Dial into things and you'll have a nice image. I look forward to seeing iterations.
        I posted an asset wish for kitchen appliances and the team said, they will look into it..........there are no .skp-models in decent or good quality, yet. Hope that will change.

Thanks again for the feedback and hopefully soon I can post an update! Nice weekend!!​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
        X