Daddy vs Doctor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daddy vs Doctor

This is a fun typography treatment I designed and illustrated for US comedian Sebastian Maniscalco's new podcast (www.daddyvsdoctor.com).​

Click image for larger version

Name:	1_DvsD_1920.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	500.5 KB
ID:	1169603

From a nerdy technical perspective, the bubbles in the bath were a combination of tyFlow (VDB to particles with sphere packing) then Phoenix FD's particle shader. I used Ornatrix to groom the fur on the teddy bear with VRayHairNextMtl The diaper and the liquid splashing were sculpted in ZBrush.

Name:	3_DvsD_1920_crop1.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	1169604

Name:	4_DvsD_1920_crop2.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	914.5 KB
ID:	1169605

Name:	5_DvsD_1920_crop3.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	403.7 KB
ID:	1169606

Name:	6_DvsD_1920_crop4.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	901.5 KB
ID:	1169607
    MDI Digital
    moonjam

gorgeous as usual

Comment

very nice illustration!
      Congratulations!

I really like how you customized the letters... just the D of Doctor seems a bit lower, creatively speaking, compared to the others.

Comment

Originally posted by bardo View Post
        very nice illustration!
        Congratulations!

I really like how you customized the letters... just the D of Doctor seems a bit lower, creatively speaking, compared to the others.
        Thank you! I agree about the D, however the process of getting everyone to agree with the treatments for each letter was.... stressful. This version is the 14th sketch I worked up and while I did have some other options for the D of doctor, they all visually fought with the stethoscope, which was the one constant across all 14 concepts, so I opted to keep it clean and simple.
        MDI Digital
        moonjam

Comment

Originally posted by AJ Jefferies View Post

Thank you! I agree about the D, however the process of getting everyone to agree with the treatments for each letter was.... stressful. This version is the 14th sketch I worked up and while I did have some other options for the D of doctor, they all visually fought with the stethoscope, which was the one constant across all 14 concepts, so I opted to keep it clean and simple.
          As your usual high quality job I was quite sure that you had explored all the creative solutions, actually meanwhile I was writing my comment I was thinking that that D leave the stethoscope well readable so it should be correct imaging that it could be like a "real" doctor, with white coat. Probably adding an hospital badge hanging from a small pocket could add more characterization.
          Anyway, it's a great image and it really works very well.

And customized letters is something I always liked drawing when I was child, creating some scenarios.... thank you for helping me to remember those days

Comment

What a cute design! Especially the bear baby.
            Very nice work!

Comment

Faultless as usual and utterly engaging in every way..brilliant work
              https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Originally posted by AJ Jefferies View Post

Is it too late to suggest a shirt collar tie/bow tie at the bottom of the D

Really enjoy your visual style, cheers m8.

Comment

Working...
                X