Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy Machinery Automatic Fire Suppression - Showcase

Hello everyone.
    A project that I have done almost a year ago.
    Sims are done on Phoenix and are CPU rendered, the rest is rendered on GPU.

Shoot now! All comments and feedback are welcome.

That is superb!
    mark f.
    openrangeimaging.com

Max 2023.3.4 | Vray 6 update 2 | Win 10

Core i7 6950 | GeForce RTX 2060 | 64 G RAM

Comment

Nice work! You got yourself a nice niche there!
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Thank you!
        Well, with a mechanical engineering background, the niche chose me.

Comment

great work Vlatko!
          OLIKA
          www.olika.de

Comment

Thank you!
            What would you improve on this guys?
            Honestly, I was expecting comments about what was wrong with the animation and the sims and what I could improve.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlatko Nasev View Post
              Thank you!
              What would you improve on this guys?
              Honestly, I was expecting comments about what was wrong with the animation and the sims and what I could improve.
              But, what's your target?
              For example, if you want to be as realistic as possible, I think that you could improve the materials of the excavator. It seems too clean and new although you add some wear details.
              In my opinion you should add dirt both as ground dirt and as oil spillovers, particularly in the tight zone near the engine (oil dirt) and tracks (ground dirt).
              Last edited by bardo; 18-01-2024, 02:56 AM. Reason: typo error

Comment

Originally posted by bardo View Post

But, what's your target?
                For example, if you want to be as realistic as possible, I think that you could improve the materials of the excavator. It seems to clean and new although you add some wear details.
                In my opinion you should add dirt both as ground dirt and as oil spillovers, particularly in the tight zone near the engine (oil dirt) and tracks (ground dirt).
                The animations I create are technical and explanatory for end users and customers.
                My issue is that I'm a mechanical engineer, not a CGI artist. Making animations and CGI work is not my main profession, and there are bits in my work that I'm missing that you guys can see.
                That is why I need this kind of comment so I can improve my work in the future.
                All your comments for any improvements are very welcome.

Comment

Ok, clear
                  I'm correcting my previous post.

I was wrong using the word "realistic", I should ask you if you want (or need) also to give, to the video observer, some information about when the fire extinguer system will be installed.
                  For example, if it's important to show that your fire system could be installed on existing and already in use excavators, I think that you could add some ground dirt and wearing and oil dirt like suggested before.
                  To do this, VrayDirt will be your friend as mask for several layers materials inside a VrayBlendMaterial.

If it's not important to show that or you prefer to have a shiny new excavator like in the automotive marketing, so you should remove that rust damage signs, but it will contradict the environment that suggest that the excavator is working and dirting itself.

Comment

In my opinion the piece is clear, understandable and well paced. Good camera work, lighting and all the main stuff that makes it easy to read.
                    The sims work well and the overall 'look' of the piece is really good.

Whether you add bells/whistles would be down to how much is in the budget and even then it still absolutely needs to be consistent and still readable, given the overriding brief.
                    That could add a lot to the end cost, without necessarily adding to the basic message it is trying to convey.

Good to have options though, so your client can choose based on their wallet and an available choice of styles
                    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Originally posted by fixeighted View Post
                      In my opinion the piece is clear, understandable and well paced. Good camera work, lighting and all the main stuff that makes it easy to read.
                      The sims work well and the overall 'look' of the piece is really good.

Whether you add bells/whistles would be down to how much is in the budget and even then it still absolutely needs to be consistent and still readable, given the overriding brief.
                      That could add a lot to the end cost, without necessarily adding to the basic message it is trying to convey.

Good to have options though, so your client can choose based on their wallet and an available choice of styles
                      Oh yes... clear... obviously the timeframe (and relative budget) available it's one of the main factors that drive the final results.
                      I agree about your comment on the overall quality. It's a nice job, well done and clear to understand, and probably it's enough.

Comment

Thank you for the replies, guys. I have a couple more finished projects that I will share here for feedback.
                        I appreciate your opinions, and I just need your view on my work so I can improve it in future.

Comment

Working...
                        X