No announcement yet.

Mountain house interiors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dlparisi - of course you are correct. This has been discussed before. These folks are selling the view. Professional real estate photographers in these resort areas now typically shoot multiple exposures and blend together so the view to the mountains are not over exposed. That is what I need to replicate.

dimaggio - man I wish I would have thought to do that! Seems so self evident now. Couldn’t see the forest for the trees I guess. Thanks again for your valuable expertise!
    mark f.
    openrangeimaging.com

Max 2023.3.4 | Vray 6 update 2 | Win 10

Core i7 6950 | GeForce RTX 2060 | 64 G RAM

Comment

Right, I saw the discussions from earlier. I don't think you need to overexpose the exterior but it feels way underexposed at the moment. The snow on the TV is brighter than the snow outside the window which should not be the case, merged exposures or not. See these example images here. The snow in any of those interior shots (when it's sunny out) is around 240 rgb and only a few minor glints on the interior come seem to come close to that (your snow is around 212 rgb). Back to your image, a quick curves adjustment on the background keeps the image properly exposed but gets the whites back up where they should be and still maintains some contrast (see a quick mockup below). Just my 2c.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	53
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	1205210​​
      Attached Files
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Hi dlparisi. Thanks again for your review and for your example including sampling the white points. It is something I will pay more attention to going forward. Very helpful!
        mark f.
        openrangeimaging.com

Max 2023.3.4 | Vray 6 update 2 | Win 10

Core i7 6950 | GeForce RTX 2060 | 64 G RAM

Comment

Working...
        X