• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• office building WIP

here some work from this week.
    this time i want to post it as a WIP.

so please C&C!!

stephan

doesnt look like there is any GI in this. kinda looks flat in the shading as though ambient light is turned on

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

i agree elf, something doesnt look right. The background looks like its an overcast day
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

almost looks like the ambient colour is not full black in max parameters
        Needs more cowbell

Comment

Camera correct modifier is needed as your building is swelling at the top!
          rpc212
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

gi is on, but very low settings for testing.
            the image was too dark, so i ajusted the contast too much i guess.
            cc modifier is used.

stephan

Comment

I think a couple of tweaks will sort it but I'm not mad on the trees -they just look too flat,

Cheers,
              Tom
              Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

Comment

I like it. Not what I would call photo-real but it is a nice artistic image. It talks about the building quite well. Maybe you could play down the accessories (trees, people, cars etc) and create them as outlines or something?
                -Peter

Comment

It looks like you used camera correction modifier to get an "architecturally correct" 2-point perspective. Get rid of it if you can (i.e. the client is not insisting) because it makes it look top-heavy.
                  "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

update: different trees, background added, better maps, street texture

Comment

Looking better! The trees still need some tweaking, apart from not blending very well with the scene it’s also noticeable that their all the same bitmap.
                      The lighting and texturing on the building is looking good.

Comment

Much better. I like the random shades pulled down, your street texture, and the way the building is lit, but the trees and street still need some tweeking with your lighting. Do you have any reflectivity -fresnel falloff- in you road texture? Also, after reading Clifton Santiago's message, your building does look a bit top heavy without camera correction, but I'm not sure if I would change it.

Comment

update. moving to final hand-in on tuesday..

Comment

that is looking very nice, I really like the road. Are you sure you cannot get that building to taper a little bit at the top??? And those trees in the second shot look as though they are being lit from the wrong side
                            -Peter

Comment

looking better but the only thing looking odd to me is the window shades on the upper part of the building look like there on the outside of the building.

-dave
                              Cheers,
                              -dave
                              ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Working...
                              X