displacement etch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• displacement etch

wallpaper for a clients new network rollout.
    was aiming for that sandblasted etch look.
    @ 1600 x 1200 took around 4 hours with DOF...
    20 mins without [dual AMD 1800+ 2gb ram]

'mmm, should have opened it in Notepad'
    www.osmosis.com.au

Groovy Pic Moose , Except for the control that VRays' DOF gives you, do you ever use Z_Depth?

Comment

DOF options

thanks

mmm have heard a lot of good things about Xdof...but haven't tried it yet.
      not used DOF much in production as yet either...only personal projects.
      4 hours is ok for a one off still, but should look at some options as we have a project coming up that may benefit from it.
      www.osmosis.com.au

Comment

DOF rocks! IMO it's proportional to the time taken. where I can, I like the speed of compositing in later on.

Comment

post DOF

agreed it value adds. here's a little post DOF using an .rpf file in combustion. few years old now.

www.osmosis.com.au

Comment

oooo... squishy

Comment

Moose, I have been using DOF in Combustion for years now, and although I don't think the quality is that great, it works well for low values. But let me ask you this, have you ever managed to use Gaussian DOF blur in Combustion? Cos i just get a block of blur round the edges of the objects, it looks TERRIBLE. So I'm always forced to use box blur. Do you find that too?

Regards,

Marc
              -------------------------------------------------------

"...and we all know how paintful THAT can be, don't we?"

Comment

Combustion DOF

I seem to remember that you should enable "render occluded" in the object properties before rendering to rpf. This should make DOF work better. I could be mistaken though.
                A better solution is to buy the Frischluft : LensCare plugin for AE. Just feed it a non antialiased zbuffer from your scene at 2x the render resoloution, and it makes fantastic DOF with blooms and intensity distortions.
                Signing out,
                Christian

Comment

Working...
                X