• PLEASE HELP ME ??

HI GUYS ,,
    I HAVE APROBLEM WITH VRAY
    I WOBDER HOW CAN I ERASE THAT DIRT ON THE WALLS AND CILLING
    I KNOW THAT IAM VERY VERY VERY BIGGINER

THANX

Subdivision on Shadows and Subdivision on second Buncle

more big you need

+you render wit a IRADIANCE Map lets make it on HI or on Midle quality not on low or very low

Comment

First of all, increase your Hsphere Subdivs until the splotches go away.
      Try starting at 50 and move up from there.
      Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

The fastest solution though, is to increase the interpolation samples (40+). This will give the smooth GI you need here without taking much longer to render.

Regrads

Nenad

Comment

sinner , egz ,Nenad ,,, thank u very much for ur tips ,,,
          i`ll try it and makr another test and show u the results,,,
          regards

Comment

The Default values of Vray should not give you these results. What version of Vray are you using?

Comment

@cpnichols
              yes the default values will, i get it all the time regardless of version.
              5 years and counting.

Comment

splotchy GI

Psy - I'm with cpnichols...the default values in most cases shouldn't give you these results.

Ahmosality - at any time did you changed the Sample Lookup or Interp methods under the Advanced imap panel...these can have a huge impact on the resulting GI appearance...
                'mmm, should have opened it in Notepad'
                www.osmosis.com.au

Comment

imho, i agree w/ nenads, just increase the interpolation to 40+ and maybe make ur hemi subs 64 or so.
                  5 years and counting.

Comment

Me too, I agree with myself since like Psy, I often get those splotches with interiors.

I think this is based on how large the window openings are. When they're small, you need to increase the GI multipliers, otherwise you wouldn't get enough light bouncing around. Logically, this means that many parts of the indoor space is lit by secondary bounces, which are less precise than direct rays, and so they make more splotches. Since higher interpolation sample values will give smoother (but less detailed) GI in all cases, I suppose here too, they will be a good balance between rendertime and GI softness. This is also the reason you need higher settings with interior renders to get the same GI detail as with exterior renders.

Upping the hemisphere subdivs will give even better (more physically accurate) results, but you'll often need to get them much higher to make the splotches disapear. Then again, indoors take longer to render and increasing the GI accuracy value (hmsph subdivs) will make it even longer while interpolation won't take much longer.

Conclusion : maybe the best would be to slightly increase both values hemisphere subdivs, and intepolation samples, in order to get both, GI detail and softness.

Of course, I might be wrong. If so, please correct me.

Ahmosality, I suggest you to take a look at the follwing tuts :

http://www.osmosis.com.au/info/tutor...l_interior.htm
                    ... by Vu, for lighting an interior with the VRay lights technique;

and

http://www.vrayrender.com/stuff/PMapTutorial/
                    ... by Vlado, concerning photon maps.

Also, check
                    http://www.vray.info/news.asp
                    ... a very helpful site (non official).

Regards,

Nenad

Comment

hi guys,,, thank u very much for ur comments
                      Nenad thanx alot for trying to help me
                      i made another test with vray and this is the result

and this is the settings

but what do u say about render time
                      regards

Comment

just a quick suggestions to make the bright areas look a little more real
                        put it in photoshop. duplicate that layer.
                        on the duplicate desaturate the layer
                        open curves and make it really high contrast to single out the really bright areas
                        change the blending mode to Screen
                        then add a blur. change the blur intensity to desired amount. then you can change the opacity of that layer.

---------------------------------------------------
                        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Great job Ahmosality, try playing around with the Antialaising, probably Adaptive would work best for your scene to improve the render time.

Comment

Working...
                          X