Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

to get better result on shadows of indirect light!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to get better result on shadows of indirect light!!

In interiors renderings I get the object like floAting on the floor in indirect illumination side of the room!!

Is it better to increase the subd on secondary bounces (with greater render time) , increse the number of sample cast from light or hsph subd?

It happen with min/maxrate -3/0 too

Can someone explain how to move in this direction?
    to be more specific the chair does not seem to touch the floor there isn't a little shadows around bottom the chair!

I've tried with dist tresh to 1 too

PS the light is directional with vray bias 0.001 scale 1=1meters

EXCUSE MY BAD ENGLISH

BYe

EXCUSE ME MOVE ME TO GENERAL SECTION OF THE FORUM!!!
    PLEASE
    excuse
    Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

https://www.facebook.com/essetreddi..../photos_albums

Lower the color an nrm tresholds to get more detailed irradiance map. But also make sure your object has a fillet or something, so that it is possible for a shadow to cast underneath the fillet. If you would place a cube exactly on a groundplane, it will also look more like flaoting than when you fillet the cubes edges.

regards,

flipside
    Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

@flipside.... simple idea, but very clever

Comment

Or if u don't want to change the geometry, just leave a small gap between the objects. Usually you won't see there's nothing between'em, but looks much better

Balage
        Balage

Comment

Ok I understand

But does it mean that vray can't produce a good shadows with indirect lights?

I hope that it isn't true!!

Or are these tips & tricks to reduce rendering time?

I hope that goncalo or the grey eminence (VLADO) explain that problem (more simple as you can)

Bye and thanks

A vray lover
          Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

Comment

Ok look here what I was trying to explain:

image 1: direct light only
            left block is lifted a bit above the groundplane, block middle is lined up with the groundplane and block right is also aligned, but filetted.

See for yourself which one is floating the most:

image2: same blocks, GI skylight only, low settings
            now they all float...

image3: same blocks, GI skylight with good settings for irradiance map (-3,0 - clr=0.3, nrm=0.3)
            judge again which one floats the most:

This doesn't mean vray can't render shadows ok on non filetted blocks, this is just a real life fact. No object is perfectly a cube, has perfect sharp edges and no object can lie on the ground perfectly (read no two objects can have a surface in the exact same location) This is why in real life there is always a very thin border of shadow visible. So it has nothing to do with vray.

hope this helps

flipside
            Aversis 3D | Download High Quality HDRI Maps | Vray Tutorials | Free Texture Maps

Comment

perfect

this is a real explanation!!!

A real help man I love you (like a friend!!)

Thank u very much man

a vray lover

Comment

Thanks for the research Flipside

Comment

Working...
                X