No announcement yet.

Silestone -- Commercial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does all of my stuff look like this now??
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Originally posted by dlparisi View Post
      Why does all of my stuff look like this now??
      eh, that's actually very good I wish my stuff looked like that, at least it wouldn't pretend..

Comment

simply outstanding. how in the world did you go about making the quartz/stones? 0:13 as an example...wow. awesome all around, thanks for sharing.
        www.boxxtech.com

Comment

Great animation, great work !
          Can you tell something about Antialiasing/image sampler what you used?

Cheers.
          3d architectural visuals:

www.PandM-studio.com

Comment

Hey guys!!

Thanks so so so much for these warm comments! You really made my day...

Regarding the tech specs: Yes, all cg and 100% Vray of course! :P
            -I always use "Quadratic" filter for AA (1-10) or so... works like a charm for video purposes.
            -GI is QMC bruteforce for almost all shots in order to avoid any flickering nightmare + HDRI domelights
            -DOF and MBlur-----> AE; not enough time for doing it inside Vray

Thanks again folks!

Cheers,
            >A.

Edit: Forgot to say that besides the quadratic softness filter i sharp the shots a bit in post...
            Edit2: Whole production was 2 and a half months for the initial concept to the final editing; two people: Juan & me.
            Last edited by 3Seventh; 16-11-2010, 12:50 PM.
            www.thirdseventh.com

Comment

QMC is going to give you loads of tiny detail which might be one of the reasons your renders look so solid - do you not find that it takes a huge amount of bounces to get the same level of light you'd get by using light cache? Or are you using Brute force + LC? Do you bother with any different forms of colour mapping like reinhard or just render in float and deal with burnout in afx? Most importantly you've got a very stylised lighting and grading style - it's quite like a dark and sexy photo shoot more than trying to make arch vis work - Are you making a mood board of photos that you like as reference or getting into after effects and playing around to see which directions you can take the image?

Gorgeous work, you've set a new standard. It's going to be great to see all the previous top guys on her try to out do it and even if they don't, they'll be far better for trying!

Comment

everytime you post your work i have to say that I hate you (in a possitive way) when I think that i'm running with my skills your images tell me that i'm walking very slowly
                show me the money!!

Comment

I liked your work since that tiny sauna you posted on Evermotion.
                  Dusan Bosnjak
                  http://www.dusanbosnjak.com/

Comment

Phenomenal work Alex! It appears you also just made it onto the front page of Gizmodo and I think they might be reading this forum unless you cross posted some information. Congratulations!
                    http://gizmodo.com/5691747/prepare-f...ouve-ever-seen
                    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Thanks for sharing the precious info,

Now I have the same questions as joconnell , how do you get qmc to work in reasonable render times with enough light bounces?

Do you use any additional plugins to achieve such good quality dof+mblur in ae?

Comment

Am I missing something - I don't have QMC in my vray render dialog anymore, (at least I can't see it) it's listed as DMC now?

Comment

@Joconnell: You're absolutely right. Sometimes i used BF+Lcache -only a few shots and very carefully-, sometimes only 2 bounces and sometimes VrayAmbientLight + HDRI based domelight did the trick!
                          Can't wait to see what Retrace threshold LC (2.0) can do with animated camera + objects in terms of flickering!! Also, the output was always fulfloat EXR: you can play with aaaaall the dynamic and color range...

The mood board of photos were initially used for storyboard and client decisions purposes not for final color grading references.
                          The plugins in AE: Reelsmart (MBlur) + Frischluft (DOF)... ah! and a lot of SSS2, standard VrayMaterial translucency (all the quarzts) and Vray2Sided material...

Cheers!
                          A.
                          www.thirdseventh.com

Comment

Much obliged! Stunning work.

Comment

I would love to see some making ofs of this commercial...
                              Since "The Third & the Seventh" I'm following your projects with great interest. I'm especially stunned by your grading and composition skills. I would really appreciate seeing some kind of Grading & Compositing tutorials from you - even better a DVD! I think many people would buy that!
                              How do you combine MoBlur and Dof in post?

Great work again!

Comment

I'm enjoying retrace threshold even for stills, it really helps reflections (although a bit slower) I'm sure it will be really useful for animations.

Oh BTW, it almost goes without saying, wonderful work Alex!
                                www.peterguthrie.net
                                www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
                                www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

Working...
                                X