No announcement yet.

GPU benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New test with only one of this GTX780, I'm crying!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	RT.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	328.2 KB
ID:	850915

Comment

• It will be much better if you switch to CUDA engine.
      Originally posted by fraggle View Post
      New test with only one of this GTX780, I'm crying!
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]17405[/ATTACH]
      V-Ray fan.
      Looking busy around GPUs ...
      RTX ON

Comment

• Originally posted by eyepiz View Post
        All cards are on one workstation with a 4-way SLI board...Just needed one beefy power supply.
        Max 2014 seems to be working correctly however I did see some issues with gamma output in PNG files. 3DS Max 2014 made some changes in the gamma input and output settings the option are no longer there it's "Auto" now but I think that is having something to do with it. Jpegs and tiff's are fine.
        What MB are you using?

Comment

• Originally posted by savage309 View Post
          It will be much better if you switch to CUDA engine.
          Originally posted by savage309 View Post
          It will be much better if you switch to CUDA engine.
          Sure,
          In fact it was also link to the mess up between RT V2.x and RT V3.x, because both of them have the same name.
          So if by mistake you run the RT server 3.x instead of the 2.x then this is what happens:
          Single GTX780: 2'1s
          Dual GTX780: 2'14s (full load!)

If the RT 2.x run alone:
          single GTX : 2'1s
          Dual GTX780 : 1'3s
          Dual GTX780 + GTX670: 51.1s

Comment

• Curious: Does anyone have a 780 Ti or 290/290X to test out?

***edit***
            While I'm at it I'm curious to see if, and how well, AMD APU's do with RT. Obviously not stellar but it'd be neat to know if those igp cores can be put to use in a system that has a discrete card.

Cheers!
            Last edited by Valtiel; 10-01-2014, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Hello everyone, I have a single R9 290x!

running vray 2.4.004 I got: never mind

This result seems very fast? I expected the 780 to out perform.
              I should say that this is overclocked to 1100mhz with after market cooling.

EDIT: Missing some of the textures.
              Last edited by werticus; 08-03-2014, 01:22 AM.
              WerT
              www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

• Werticus: Holy crap. Still, seems like Hawaii fixed everything that was wrong with Tahiti, despite the incremental architectural changes. That is incredibly surprising, even counting your OC. Can you post your driver version? I'm trying to run the latest stable (non-beta) catalyst build on my 7950's with VRay 3 and it's just crashing VRay.

Comment

• Very surprising,
                  it is very well-known that Nvidia is the only way to go for Max user and Vray.
                  Originally posted by werticus View Post
                  Hello everyone, I have a single R9 290x!

running vray 2.4.004 I got: 1 min 40 seconds.

This result seems very fast? I expected the 780 to out perform.
                  I should say that this is overclocked to 1100mhz with after market cooling.

Comment

• Oh sorry guys I am missing a couple textures:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2011\maps\ArchMat\Furnishings.Fabrics.Lace.Mask.jp g [Map #13:Bitmap]
                    C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2011\maps\ArchMat\Furnishings.Fabrics.Lace.jpg [Map #14:Bitmap]
                    C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2011\maps\ArchMat\Finishes.Flooring.Carpet.Saxony. HerringBone.Bump.jpg [Map #28:Bitmap]
                    C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2011\maps\ArchMat\Finishes.Flooring.Carpet.Saxony. HerringBone.Bump.jpg [Map #29:Bitmap]
                    C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2011\maps\ArchMat\Finishes.Wall Covering.Pattern3.Bump.jpg [Map #21:Bitmap]
                    C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2011\maps\ArchMat\Finishes.Wall Covering.Pattern3.Bump.jpg [Map #22:Bitmap]
                    C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2011\maps\ArchMat\Finishes.Wall Covering.Pattern3.Bump.jpg [Map #23:Bitmap]
                    C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2011\maps\ArchMat\Woods&Plastics.FinishCarpentry.W ood.EnglishOak.Bump.jpg [Map #8:Bitmap]
                    C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2011\maps\ArchMat\Woods&Plastics.FinishCarpentry.W ood.EnglishOak.Bump.jpg [Map #8:Bitmap]
                    C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2011\maps\ArchMat\Finishes.Flooring.Carpet.Saxony. HerringBone.Bump.jpg [Map #28:Bitmap]
                    C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2011\maps\ArchMat\Finishes.Flooring.Carpet.Saxony. HerringBone.Bump.jpg [Map #29:Bitmap]
                    C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2011\maps\ArchMat\Finishes.Wall Covering.Pattern3.Bump.jpg [Map #21:Bitmap]
                    C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2011\maps\ArchMat\Finishes.Wall Covering.Pattern3.Bump.jpg [Map #22:Bitmap]
                    C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2011\maps\ArchMat\Finishes.Wall Covering.Pattern3.Bump.jpg [Map #23:Bitmap]
                    C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2011\maps\ArchMat\Finishes.Flooring.Rug.Braided1.j pg [Map #15:Bitmap]

I have used relink bitmaps to try to fix it but it turns out that I dont have them. (I run max 2013.)

If someone wants to drop box those particular files I would be happy to re test so we know how the 290x really performs.
                    WerT
                    www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

• post your dropbox email or send me an invite to an empty share folder at riwamoto@shaw.ca and I'll hook you up with every one I have.

***edit*** done and done. I never did have the lace texture. I don't know if it's even used in the scene now. I copied in the one "lace" bmp that's in my 2013 directory but I'm not sure that's it. Anyways, you can use it for both the mask and diff.
                      Last edited by Valtiel; 08-03-2014, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• Thanks! I will re render now.
                        Last edited by werticus; 08-03-2014, 01:20 AM.
                        WerT
                        www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

• AMD r9 290x @1100mhz = 1m 59s

Pretty good! Certainly brings AMD back into the game I think.
                          In fact given that this card has 4gb ram and the 780 only has 3gb of ram, this is probably a better choice with the Titan being the only better choice.

@ stock 1000mhz = 2m 6s

V-Ray 2.40.04 - open CL
                          Driver: 14.2 beta (latest)
                          Last edited by werticus; 08-03-2014, 01:59 AM.
                          WerT
                          www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

• Originally posted by werticus View Post
                            AMD r9 290x @1100mhz = 1m 59s
                            Huh!? Can you post the resulting image? That would be unbelievable.

Best regards,
                            Vlado
                            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• That is awesome. I wish I had known it was that good of a performer before the mining market jacked prices sky high. The 780 Ti should be the expected top performer at stock clockspeeds as Titan's DP rate is a non-factor in RT. I'll have to give the beta drivers a whirl on my Tahiti cards when I get home from work.

Also I can't find any objects in the scene that use the lace texture. I think you're fine without it.

Comment

• gimmi 2 mins :P
                                Last edited by werticus; 08-03-2014, 08:02 AM.
                                WerT
                                www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Working...
                                X