New Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Website

Finally got around to making a website to showcase my work.

All done with Max, Vray, RPM, Photoshop and mostly Nuke some after effects.

http://patrickgavin.rocks/

(will probably change the website address... it was free

Made it using Squarespace which has it quirks but I'm clueless when it comes to making websites, am happy enough with the result.

nice work in there. and tasty site too. congrats

Love the chicken
    Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
    www.shack.de

Comment

Thanks Jonnybefree.

Been meaning to get a website up and running for ages. It took longer than expected (doesn't it always )

It was a bit tedious but a very rewarding experience to go back through my work and see how far I have come over 10 years.

Yeah the chicken advert is pretty funny. It was great to work and won a handful of awards here in Australia and internationally, it even got a silver lion (for Design) at Cannes for the advertising agency McCann
      Last edited by pg1; 01-03-2016, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Lots of great work in there, well done!
        PGDesigns.co.uk

Comment

Thanks PGD.

Obviously I tried to pick the best of the images and animations I have worked on over the years.

Was pretty funny going back through my old stuff and watching some of the older projects, some of them were awful!

Comment

Also thought I should add that with most of the projects on my website I worked as part of a team.

While I am a generalist and have modeled, textured, rigged and animated some of the work on my website I specialize as a Lighting TD.

I tried (some stuff still need doing) to watermark and label what work I did on my show reels.

Thanks to all the incredibly talented people I have worked with over the years at Shadowlab, Last Pixel, OCV, Iloura, Atomic 3D, Method Studios, and Airbag productions and all the people on this forum that share so generously.

Comment

Great looking site and great show reel. Nice one !
              Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Thanks Steve.

My film show reel was done mostly 3dsmax and Vray.

There are a handful of shots that were done in Maya.

Any of the shots with furry animals were a combination of Vray and 3Delight.

We originally tried to use vray but it was too costly to clean up the noise in the fur. Instead we used vray to light the bodys of the monkeys or the pigs.

We would bake out the vray lighting to texture and then feed that into a shader in 3Delight to affect the colour of the fur.

Comment

Very impressive work Patrick !
                  www.morphic.tv
                  www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X