Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x3 GPU build

Hi everyone,

I'm about to get a new workstation. Could you please check if below is reasonable as I'm not good with hardware.

-x3 GPU 3090 I' thinking about getting Gigabyte blower style. How do they compare with Asus Strix?
    -i9 12900k CPU.
    -128GB of RAM Corsair at 5200 speed
    -x2 Samsung 980 2TB (One for system, one for simulation cash). Considering PCIe lanes, can I have both drives or do I need to go for one bigger drive?
    -Lian Li PC-O11 how would it work in a dusty environment?
    -What kind of PSU do I need for all the above? is it 1600W or higher? Happy to be on a safe side.
    -What kind of mobo do I need to take the most out of GPUs?
    -NZXT Kraken for cooling + x6 120mm fans. Does it sounds reasonable for the above?

As for the use, It's mostly Houdini + VRay, no video editing. I'm not trying to squeeze the last 5% performance. Just need a reliable trouble-less rig that would serve me for the next 5 years.

Happy to consider an alternative, just not a big fan of AMD.

EDITED.
    after some research today:
    In terms of PCIe lanes. The CPU gives 20 lanes which will be x8 / x8 for GPUs and x4 for M.2 drive
    Depending on MOBO, the third GPU will be on PCIe 4.0 x4 via chipset. Would it slow down the rendering or affect the 1st and the 2nd GPU performance?

Currently leaning towards the MSI MEG Z690 ACE or ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA boards.

Thanks a lot in advance!
    d
    Last edited by soviet_post; 30-04-2022, 10:16 AM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	q7HL43q.png
Views:	342
Size:	721.2 KB
ID:	1147166

Comment

Working...
    X