Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remote Control of PC from Mac or use Mac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Control of PC from Mac or use Mac?

Hello folks,

In a new office space and am trying to keep a clean and minimal setup.

I recently picked up a Mac Studio (Ultra with 128gb ram) and the Studio Display which I use in my full time job doing design/production work. As a side hustle, I dabble in Arch viz and have been using my PC (i9-9900k/64gb ram/RTX 2080) with Sketchup/Vray and generally find working on the PC a better experience with Sketchup.

I am currently using a dual monitor setup but would love to clean up my workspace and eliminate the second display.

Is there any performant way to control my PC from my mac while sharing the screen? Looking for a potential solution that won't be laggy etc. Both machines are local and both are on my 10gig network if that matters.

Failing that, has any progress been made with V-ray on Apple silicon? I suspect my Ultra will still be slower than my PC?

Thanks for any advice.

The Ultra should be a lot faster than your PC and Vray runs natively on AS, don’t know about Sketchup experience though since I use C4D.
    I use TeamViewer to remote control PC but there are other option as well.
    3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
    NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
    www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
    @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

This is what you want: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/micros...95203466?mt=12
      You may notice some lag if you were playing a video on your PC. Modeling and rendering should be just fine.
      Some apps may not open thats related to DirectX not detecting a monitor but its rare.
      If you are on Windows 11, search Remote Desktop in Settings to turn it on so it can receive connections.

Have you thought of using a KVM switch instead?
      Last edited by sean_brown; 02-07-2022, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sean_brown View Post
        Have you thought of using a KVM switch instead?
        This +1
        From your original post, it wasnt clear why you need this. Sounds like both systems are yours, so likely in same location also. A lot of monitors and some tv's/monitors have built in switching features these days. Some of them can even do picture in picture, meaning you can see both your pc and your mac on screen at the same time
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

Working...
        X