Distributed Render hookup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed Render hookup?

Hello. I have 1 main machine with 3 render nodes (V-ray Next 3ds Max 2020). I plan to have 2 machines in one room and 2 machines in another room. Plan to plug the 2 machines into a switch in each room (2 machines into each switch) and then run cable from switches to a router located in the hallway. Will this work or must I run cables directly from each machine into thier own port on the router with no switches in-between?

Currently I have all 4 machines plugged directly into my router with cables but I will be moving to a new building so the 4 machines will end up in 2 rooms and I will have a new router also. So I am not sure what all changes and issues to expect. I am not good at these things.
    Thank you

You can do as you designed with no problem.
    My only question is: considering that you have to connect the switch with the router, why don't use a long cables and still connect the 4 machines directly to the router?
    In any case it will not be a problem if you go with the 2 switches...I don't remember if you need crossed cable to connect the 2 switches to the router or if you could use the not-crossed ones...a quick search on search engines will give you a more precise reply.

Comment

Thank you Bardo.
      Since we will have to run cables anyway and since once room is new construction I might go ahead and run individual cables if it will simplify the network render​

Comment

Working...
      X