Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is my Mac enough or upgrade needed for VRAY (3.8 i7, radeon 5500 8gb and 40 ram)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my Mac enough or upgrade needed for VRAY (3.8 i7, radeon 5500 8gb and 40 ram)

Hi,

I have iMac 5k Retina 27 Inch 2020 - 3.8 Ghz 8 core inter core i7, Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB and 40 GB 2667 DDR4

Is this setup enough for Sketch Up + Vray? I think Sketchup is fine but i noticed that rendering starts very slow and i dont think its fast enough. Maybe graphic card is weak? Cant upgrade it so only option is changing full package.

Interactive render is quite laggy as well.

Is there anything i can do to make it better or do i need to upgrade my Mac? If yes, what should I be looking for?

Thanks,
    Last edited by dina_frankowski; 23-01-2024, 09:13 AM.

Is enough to run Vray? Yes, but of course is a 3 years old machine and even when new was not the fastest hardware, so you should not expect too much from it.
    GPU don’t help since Vray on MacOS only use CPU.
    If you want to get faster render and faster feedback:
    1- improve your Vray knowledge, it’s an amazing engine and even on older machine you can get reasonable performance if you know how to use it. Things like progressive render, Intel denoiser, effects refresh rate and other stuff may improve your user experience, especially for render tests.
    2- at some point if you need more speed, you will need to upgrade the hardware, any modern/decent Mac or PC will be easily 3 time faster. If you are comfortable on MacOS choose a Mac, or if you are system agnostic you can opt for a PC.
    3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
    NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
    www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
    @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Working...
    X